Global Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibitors Market By Application (Lung Cancer, Liver Cancer, Breast Cancer, Others), Drugs (Cetuximab, Erlotinib, Gefitinib, Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable, Others), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibitors Market
Global epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors market is rising gradually with a healthy CAGR of 9.3% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing special drug designations to EGFR inhibitors due to their high efficacy drives the growth of market brings great opportunities for the growth of market.
Market Definition: Global Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibitors Market
Epidermal growth factor receptor is a tyrosine kinase receptor which is responsible for cell growth. The uncontrolled cell growth of cancer cells are characterized by high levels of epidermal growth factor receptors caused by mutation in responsible genes for production of these proteins. EGFR inhibitors are the drugs that block the receptors and inhibit the cell growth for a long duration of time. EGFR inhibitors are mostly used for treatment of lung cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer, collateral cancer among others.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 9.6 million deaths are reported in 2018 by cancer which includes lung, prostate, stomach and liver cancer as the most common types of cancers. Epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors are a potent class of drugs for treatment of these major cancers.
- High research and development of novel EGFR inhibitors drives the market growth
- Increasing incidence rate of cancer worldwide will drive the market growth
- Adoption of harsh lifestyle and rising consumption of alcohol and tobacco increases causes number of cancers; this factor will also uplift the market growth
- Increasing geriatric population developing different diseased conditions demand EGFR inhibitors therapies which will boost the growth of the market in the forecast period
- High cost associated with the therapies hampers the market growth
- Availability of alternative therapies restrains the market growth
- Clinical failure of potential is another factor restricting this market growth
Segmentation: Global Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibitors Market
- Lung Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Breast Cancer
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2019, AstraZeneca received marketing authorization from the National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) in China for Tagrisso (osimertinib), an EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor used for treatment of patients with EGFR-mutated non-small cell lung cancer. This approval will provide the marketing and commercialization exclusivity of the drug to Chinese companies which will further help in expanding the business portfolio
- In August 2018, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd received the U. S. FDA approval for Cobas EGFR Mutation Test v2, a liquid biopsy diagnostic test used in combination with Irresa (gefitinib), an EGFR inhibitor for treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. Cobas is the only FDA approved diagnostic test for NSCLC. This test will provide an effective and safer therapy for patients with NSCLC and expands the diagnostic business segment of F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Global epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors market are AstraZeneca, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Pfizer Inc., Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., CULLINAN ONCOLOGY, LLC, TAIHO PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD., Lutris Pharma, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Puma Biotechnology, IncApollomics, Inc., Hutchison MediPharma Limited, Genentech, Inc., ASLAN Pharmaceuticals, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED, Hutchison China MediTech Limited, Sihuan Pharmaceutical Holdings Group Ltd, Astellas Pharma Inc., Celldex Therapeutics, YUHAN, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibitors Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players