Global Epilepsy Market By Condition (Epilepsy Drug-Resistant/ Intractable Epilepsy, Others), End-use (Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Diagnostic Centers), Drug Type (Marketed Drugs, Pipeline Drugs), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Epilepsy Market
Global epilepsy market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 8.95% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing cases of epilepsy and increasing cases of brain injuries are the major factor for the growth.
Market Definition: Global Epilepsy Market
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder which usually causes seizers, sensation and other problems as it causes abnormalities in the brain. Seizures are the main symptoms of the epilepsy which usually causes disturbance in person’s mental, sensory and motor functions. Tumor, head injuries, stroke, alcohol withdrawal, birth injuries among others are some of the common reason for the epilepsy.
According to healthline, each year 150,000 Americans are identified with central nervous system disorder and every 1 in 26 U.S. people are diagnosed with this disease. After migraine, stroke and Alzheimer, Epilepsy is the fourth most common neurological disease.
- Increasing epilepsy cases among aging population is driving the market growth
- Rising neurological diseases among population will also propel the growth of the market
- Increasing brain injuries cases due to road accidents will also drive the growth of this market
- Growing funding for R&D of epilepsy is also contributing as a factor for the market growth
- High treatment cost of the epilepsy will restrain the market
- Increasing concern associated with the loss of patent protections for some drugs will restrict the market growth
Segmentation: Global Epilepsy Market
- Epilepsy Drug-Resistant/ Intractable Epilepsy
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
By Drug Type
- Marketed Drugs
- First Generation Drugs
- Phe nytoin
- Second Generation Drugs
- Third Generation Drugs
- Eslicarbazepine Acetate
- Ezoga bine/Retigabine
- First Generation Drugs
- Pipeline Drugs
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Lupin announced the launch of their new generic Clobazam tablets which is specially designed for the treatment of seizures in epilepsy. It has been approved by the FDA and is available between the strength of 10mg to 20mg. It is very suitable for the treatment of seizures related to the Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) in patients
- In April 2018, UCB announced that they are going to acquire rights of Proximagen’s Midazolam Nasal Spray. The main aim of this acquisition is to provide better treatment for acute repetitive seizures in the patients who are suffering from epilepsy which will help to meet the growing need of patients with epilepsy to get effective treatment for seizures and the company will be providing additional treatment choices to the patients
Global epilepsy market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of epilepsy market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global epilepsy market are LivaNova PLC, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Eisai Co., Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Medtronic plc, UCB S.A., NeuroPace, Inc., GW Pharmaceuticals plc., Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Abbott, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc., Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co. Ltd., Bausch Health, Sanofi, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited., Marinus Pharmaceuticals Inc., Upsher-Smith Laboratories LLC., SK BIOPHARMACEUTICALS, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, ESTEVE, Zogenix.,Supernus Pharmaceuticals Inc, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED and others.
Research Methodology: Global Epilepsy Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global epilepsy market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)