Global Ethanolamines Market, By Raw Material (Ammonia, 1-Ethylene Oxide, 2-Ethylene Oxide, 3-Ethylene Oxide) By Product Type (Monoethanolamines, Diethanolamines, Triethanolamines) By Application (Cement, Gas Treating, Metalworking Fluids, Personal Care Products, Pharmaceuticals, Printing Inks, Construction Chemicals, Textiles, Herbicides, Ethyleneamines, Detergents/Cleaners/Fabric Softeners) By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Ethanolamines Market
The Global Ethanolamines Market accounted for USD 3.04 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Ethanolamines Market
Ethanolamine also known as 2-aminoethanol or monoethanolamine is an organic chemical compound which is both primary amine and primary alcohol. Ethanolamine is a corrosive, colorless, flammable, viscous and toxic liquids substance. There is a growing demand for ethanolamines in cement, gas treating, metalworking fluids, personal care products, pharmaceuticals, printing inks, construction chemicals, textiles, herbicides and ethyleneamines, which is expected to be one of the major drivers of the market over the next seven years. Ethanolamine is the second most abundant head group substances for phospholipids. Ethanolamine is also used in messenger molecules such as palmitoylethanolamide. It is also referred as a class of antihistamines including carbinoxamine, clemastine, dimenhydrinate, diphenhydramine and doxylamine. In 2012, more than one third of ethanolamines were used in the manufacturing of surfactants. China adds many plants in 2010–2015, which increases the large amount of capacity. Furthermore, China continues to expand capacity to reduce its reliance on imports and satisfy its growing demand for ethanolamines. In spite of current global overcapacity, several expansions in various regions are planned, with the most significant being the start-up of Sadara Chemical’s plant in Saudi Arabia in 2016.
Major Market Drivers:
- Growing demand of herbicide and surfactant
- Reduced production of monoethylene glycol
- High demand from Asia-Pacific, Middle East and South American
- Volatility in the Raw material prices
Market Segmentation: Global Ethanolamines Market
- The ethanolamines market is segmented on the basis of raw material into ammonia, 1-ethylene oxide, 2-ethylene oxide and 3-ethylene oxide.
- The ethanolamines market is segmented on the basis of product type into monoethanolamines, diethanolamines and triethanolamines.
- The ethanolamines market is segmented on the basis of application into cement, gas treating, metalworking fluids, personal care products, pharmaceuticals, printing inks, construction chemicals, textiles, herbicides, ethyleneamines and detergents/cleaners/fabric softeners.
- On the basis of geography, the ethanolamines market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Landscape: Global Ethanolamines Market
The global ethanolamines market is fragmented with the presence of a large number of players across different regions. These major players have adopted various organic as well as inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, and others to strengthen their position in this market.
Major Market Competitors: Global Ethanolamines Market
Some of the major players in ethanolamines market BASF SE, Dowdupont, Akzo Nobel, INEOS Oxide Ltd., Fushun Beifang Chemical Co. Ltd., China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, Thai Ethanolamines Co. Ltd., Sinopec Shanghai GaoQiao Petrochemical Corporation, Huntsman Corporation, Shijiazhuang Haisen Chemical Co. Ltd., Jiaxing Jinyan Chemical Co. Ltd., SABIC, Celanese Corporation, LyondellBasell, Invista, Daicel Chemical industries Ltd., Amines & Plasticizers ltd., BALAJI AMINES, Sintez OKA, Reliance Industries Limited, ADVANCE PETROCHEMICALS LTD., NIPPON SHOKUBAI CO., LTD. and many more.
Research Methodology: Global Ethanolamines Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.