Global Fat Replacers Market, By Type (Carbohydrate-Based, Protein-Based, Lipid-Based), By Application (Bakery & Confectionery Products, Dairy & Frozen Desserts, Convenience Foods & Beverages, Sauces, Dressings, and Spreads and Others), By Form (Powder and Liquid), By Source (Plant and Animal), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Fat Replacers Market
The Global Fat Replacers Market is expected to reach USD 2.41 billion by 2025, from USD 1.49 billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015 & 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Fat Replacers Market
Fat replacer has the ability of mimicking the physical and chemical qualities of lipids and providing fewer calories per gram. This has transformed the food & beverage processing industry. New product launches catering to the low-fat and skimmed products are anticipated to propel market growth. Increasing occurrences of obesity, cancer, high blood cholesterol levels, and coronary heart diseases has urged consumers to shift towards a low-calorie diet, which is complementing the market. Regulatory support aimed at easing foreign direct investments in developing countries is expected to amplify food & beverage production, consequently, increasing demand for fat replacers. Fat replacer plays a significant role in the bakery & confectionery industry expansion. According to an article published by Kantar, the total value of bread and confectionery was USD 483711.34 million for the year 2013-2014. Harmful effects of calories and flabs have raised concerns in consumer consciousness to maintain healthy diet. Global fat replacers market is moderately characterized because of low competition, hence several companies are engaged in new product developments and collaborations to improve their merchandise offerings with a focus on starch and protein based fat replacers. The companies are also taking various steps to increase the growth of the market, such as Tate & Lyle PLC, a leading provider of speciality food ingredients and solutions globally, has done major expansion of its laboratory in Singapore, transforming it into a leading-edge hub for food and beverage formulation in the Asia-Pacific region.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing awareness about health & wellness
- Increasing prevalence of obesity
- Compliance with the international quality standards and regulations for food ingredients
Market Segmentation: Global Fat Replacers Market
- The global fat replacers market is segmented based on type, application, form, source, and geographical segments.
- Based on type, the global fat replacers market is segmented into carbohydrate-based, protein-based, and lipid-based. The carbohydrate-based is sub segmented into cellulose, gum, starch and others. The protein-based is sub segmented into milk protein, egg protein, soy protein, whey protein, and others. The lipid-based is further sub segmented into olestra, and others.
- On the basis of application, the global fat replacers market is classified into aroma chemicals, synthetic aroma chemicals, flavour blends, natural aroma chemicals, and fragrance blends.
- On the basis of technology, the global fat replacers market is classified into bakery & confectionery products, dairy & frozen desserts, convenience foods & beverages, sauces, dressings, and spreads and others.
- On the basis of form, the global fat replacers market is classified into powder and liquid.
- On the basis of source, the global fat replacers market is classified into plant and animal.
- Based on geography the global fat replacers market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Fat Replacers Market
The global fat replacers market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of fat replacers market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Fat Replacers Market
Some of the major players operating in the global fat replacers market are – Cargill, ADM, Kerry Group, FMC Corporation, Du Pont, Ingredion, Koninklijke DSM, Ashland Inc., CP Kelco, Tate & Lyle, Corbion, Fiberstar, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Tate & Lyle, IOC Group, Unilever Inc.,Mitsubishi Kaizen Food Corp., and Andeavor, Ashland Global Holdings, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Ulrick & Short and CP Kelco, DKS Co, Agritech Worldwide, Solvaira Specialties, Beneo GmbH, Tate & Lyle, Nestle, Frito-Lay, P&G Food Ingredients, Del Monte Foods, ConAgra Foods, Levapan SA, RS Flavour Ingredients, J. Rettenmaier& Sohne and Kraft Foods and many more.
Research Methodology: Global Fat Replacers Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others