Global Fingerprint Sensor Market By Type (Swipe Sensors, Materials Used in Fingerprint Sensors, Area & Touch Sensors), Technology (Capacitive, Optical, Thermal, Others), Application (Consumer Electronics, Travel & Immigration, Government & Law Enforcement, Military, Defense, & Aerospace, Banking & Finance, Commercial Security, Healthcare, Smart Homes, Other Applications) and Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Fingerprint Sensor Market
Global Fingerprint Sensor Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 3.58 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 11.73 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 15.98% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The growth in this market is getting increased as the digitalization in attendance and time capturing and adoption of biometrics in mobile commerce is increasing.
Market Definition: Global Fingerprint Sensor Market
Fingerprint sensors are based on biometric security technology, which utilize the combination of hardware and software for identification and authentication of individuals based on their fingerprints, for granting access to any system or any physical facility. It works by first recording the fingerprint scans of authorized individuals and saving them in a database, and then the input on hardware scanner is matched with the entities saved in the database and allowing the access to the positive match.
- Increasing adoption of digitalization in attendance and time capturing.
- Rapid adoption of fingerprint sensors in consumer electronics, such as smartphones.
- Support from Governments for fingerprint sensors.
- Increasing applications of biometrics in e-commerce.
- Lack of infrastructure in developing countries
- Credibility of authorized sensors
- By Type
- Swipe Sensors
- Area & Touch Sensors
- Materials Used in Fingerprint Sensors
- Piezoelectric Material (Quartz)
- Pyroelectric Material (Lithium Tantalate)
- Coating Material
- By Technology
- By Application
- Consumer Electronics
- In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- Wristbands and Smartbands
- USB Flash Drives
- Travel & Immigration
- Government & Law Enforcement
- Military, Defense, & Aerospace
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Security
- Smart Homes
- Other Applications
- Consumer Electronics
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March, 2019, Gemalto NV has acquired Green Bit S.p.A., in order to offer its biometric scanners as part of complete automated fingerprint identification system (AFIS) offerings.
- In December, 2017, Synaptics announced the launch of Clear ID FS9500 sensor, the world’s first in-display fingerprint sensor. It offers the same one-touch authentication but it is present underneath the display glass, which is able to handle the situations of cold, wet and dry fingers.
- In February, 2017, Egis Technology Inc., launched new under-glass fingerprint sensor tech, which is capable of scanning through data up to 1000 micrometers.
The global fingerprint sensor market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of fingerprint sensor market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the fingerprint sensor market are Apple Inc., Synaptics Incorporated, FINGERPRINT CARDS AB, Shenzhen Goodix Technology Co., IDEMIA, Egis Technology Inc., NEXT Biometrics, Anviz Global., IDEX ASA, Gemalto NV, 3M Congent, Inc., Crossmatch, SecuGen Corporation, HID Global Corporation, SUPREMA, Precise Biometrics, BIO-key among others.
Research Methodology: Global Fingerprint Sensor Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved