Asia-Pacific E-Commerce Market, By Product Type (Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Customer to Business (C2B) and Customer to Customer (C2C)), Platform (Open-Source, Software as a Service (SaaS) and Headless Commerce), Hosting Environment (Cloud and On-Premise), Category (Goods and Services), Distribution Channel (Pure Clicks and Brick -& Click or Click-To-Brick), Purchased Device (Mobile Devices, Computer and Tablets), Payment Solutions (Third-Party Payments, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Bank Transfers, Cash Vouchers, Cash on Delivery and Others) Country (China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific E-Commerce Market
The e-commerce market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 18.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 6,146.36 billion by 2028. The rising usage of internet and smartphone is acting as major factor for the growth of the market.
E-commerce is the purchase and sale of goods or services over the internet and the transfer of money and data to complete the transaction. It is also referred to as e-commerce or internet commerce. E-commerce is frequently used to refer to the online sale of physical products, but it can also refer to any commercial transaction that is facilitated by the internet.
Asia-Pacific is being highly penetrated by the adoption of the usage of mobile e-wallets and rising preferences for the online shopping.
This e-commerce market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific E-Commerce Market Scope and Market Size
E-commerce market is segmented on the basis of product type, platform, hosting environment, category, distribution channel, purchased device and payment solutions. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the Asia-Pacific e-commerce market is segmented into Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B), Customer to Business (C2B) and Customer to Customer (C2C). In 2021, Business to Consumer (B2C) product type holds the largest market share in the Asia-Pacific e-commerce market. The product type segment is majorly shared by B2C type as business to consumer goods are high in numbers and charges for such products are also high, whereas for B2B charges are reduced owing to its corporate rates. The B2C type is expected to grow at higher rate considering rise in e-commerce sector.
- On the basis of platform, the Asia-Pacific e-commerce market is segmented into open-source, software as a service (SaaS) and headless commerce. In 2021, open-source platform holds the largest market share in the Asia-Pacific e-commerce market. In these solutions, users can modify all aspects of the code. This type of e-commerce platform is popular with developers and IT heavy organizations that want to control their e-commerce environment. In this platform, the user has complete access to the source code; this means that anyone can adapt and customize the platform to meet their business needs.
- On the basis of hosting environment, the Asia-Pacific e-commerce market is segmented into cloud and on premise. In 2021, the cloud hosting environment holds the largest market share in the Asia-Pacific e-commerce market. Hosting an e-commerce site comes with additional server-related costs due to regulatory compliance issues, requiring specialized software and additional staff training. Cloud-based hosting e-commerce sites have much lower entry costs. It offers a clear advantage when it comes to scalability and growth over on premise servers.
- On the basis of category, the Asia-Pacific e-commerce market is segmented into goods and services. In 2021, goods segment holds the largest market share in Asia-Pacific e-commerce market. Increasing demand for clothing, accessories, and shoes, groceries, health and beauty products, personal care products and other products helps to boost the goods category demand for Asia-Pacific e-commerce market.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Asia-Pacific e-commerce market is segmented into pure clicks and brick -&-click or click-to-brick. In 2021, pure-click holds the largest market share in Asia-Pacific e-commerce market. Pure-click or pure-play companies are those that have launched a website without any previous existence as a firm. These types are new venture firms that use the internet exclusively for new market entry. These firms manifest as new start-ups (greenfield) or corporate venture spin-offs for market development. Henceforth, pure-click distribution channel helps to boost the demand for the market.
- On the basis of purchased device, the Asia-Pacific e-commerce market is segmented into mobile devices, computer and tablets. In 2021, mobile devices segment holds the largest market share in Asia-Pacific e-commerce market. Users are shifting from web-based to mobile devices for online shopping. Consumers are becoming more comfortable using mobile device for purchasing and the pain-point of check-out is minimized through mobile payments or saved payment information.
- On the basis of payment solutions, the Asia-Pacific e-commerce market is segmented into third-party payments, credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers, cash vouchers, cash on delivery and others. In 2021, third-party payment holds the largest market share in Asia-Pacific e-commerce market. An accelerating global shift to e-commerce makes accepting digital forms of payment essential for business. Increasing technology and rising online and mobile penetration have resulted in enhanced consumer confidence in online transactions. Hence, increasing third-party payment helps to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period.
E-Commerce Market Country Level Analysis
E-Commerce market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, product type, and platform, hosting environment, category, distribution channel, purchased device and payment solutions.
The countries covered in Asia-Pacific e-commerce market report are China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
China is dominating the e-commerce sector in Asia-Pacific due to large populations in the region has influenced the lifestyle and pattern of the consumer as well as the growing number of e-commerce platforms such as app and websites. South Korea holds the second position owing to rising technological advancement with wide adoption of smartphones in the region is driving the e-commerce platform at a significant rate. Japan holds the third position owing to LINE, a messaging app with has its payment system is the dominant social media platform in Japan along with the strong local presence of e-commerce websites.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising demand of 5 g technology leads to enhanced connectivity in e-commerce
E-commerce market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in e-commerce and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the e-commerce market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and E-Commerce Market Share Analysis
E-commerce market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia-Pacific E-commerce market.
The major players covered in the report are Jingdong JD (A Subsidiary of JD.com, Inc.), Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Rakuten Group, Inc., Supermarket Grocery Supplies Pvt Ltd, Grofers India Pvt. Ltd., Shopify Inc., Booking Holdings, Amazon, Inc., eBay Inc., Walmart Inc., JB Hi-Fi, Woolworths Group Limited, Home Depot Product Authority, LLC, OTTO GROUP, Brainbees Solutions Pvt Ltd (Firstcry.com), ASOS plc, Groupon, Inc., Costco Wholesale Corporation, Vipshop Holdings Limited, Snapdeal Private Limited, and Carousel among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of e-commerce market.
- In January 2021, Walmart Inc. has announced about the creation of a new fintech start-up designed to develop and offer modern, innovative and affordable financial solutions in strategic partnership with leading fintech investment firm Ribbit Capital. With this new solution, the company will enter into the new business to gain customers and increase business.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for e-commerce through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific E-Commerce Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.