Global Food Waste Management Market By Process (Aerobic Digestion, Anaerobic Digestion, Incineration/Combustion, Others), End User (Primary Food Producers, Food Manufacturers, Food Distributors & Suppliers, Food Service Providers, Municipalities & Households), Application (Animal Feed, Fertilizers, Biofuel, Power Generation, Renewable Energy), Waste Type (Cereals, Dairy Products, Fruits & Vegetables, Meat, Fish and Sea Food, Oilseeds & Pulses, Processed Food, Coffee Grounds & Tea), Method (Prevention, Recovery, Recycling, Collection, Landfill, Transfer, Others), Product (Artificial, Organic, Natural), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Food Waste Management Market
Global Food Waste Management Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 33.6 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 53.51 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.99% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing food wastage around world is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Food Waste Management Market
Food waste is that food either it is liquid or solid which is uneaten or abandoned. Food waste management is a process in which all the activities and actions are taken to take this waste from commencement to their final clearance. Collection, treatment, disposable are some of the important steps in the food waste management. Growth in the food industry is the major factor which is fuelling the growth of this market.
- Rapid urbanization and industrialization in developing countries is driving the growth of this market
- Increasing usage of the organic waste for the production of animal feed and fertilizer is another factor driving the market
- Harmful effect on the environment due to pyre techniques is another factor restraining the market
- Increasing population due to which there is reduction in consumption losses is another factor restraining the market
Segmentation: Global Food Waste Management Market
- By Process
- Aerobic Digestion
- Anaerobic Digestion
- By End User
- Primary Food Producers
- Food Manufacturers
- Food Distributors & Suppliers
- Food Service Providers
- Municipalities & Households
- By Application
- Animal Feed
- Power Generation
- Renewable Energy
- By Waste Type
- Dairy Products
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Fish and Sea Food
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Processed Food
- Coffee Grounds & Tea
- By Method
- Minimisation & Disposal
- By Product
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2018, an innovative recycling scheme has been launched in private property management service in Toronto, Canada whose main aim is to convert the waste food into reusable soil. It is done by the Bentall Kennedy‘s property management team and Hop Compost and Waste Solutions. Patented technologies will be used to convert this food waste into nutrient rich compost.
- In June 2016, At the Global Green Growth Forum (3GF) 2016 Summit many organisations that they will be joining Food Loss and Waste Accounting and Reporting Standard. The main aim is to reduce food loss. This standard will help the companies and government to stop the food wastage, save resources and make sure that the sufficient of food is available for the people.
Global food waste management market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of food waste management market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the food waste management market are Veolia, Suez Environment, Waste Management, Inc., Republic Services, Inc., Stericycle., Covanta Holding Corporation, REMONDIS SE & Co. KG., Waste Connections, CLEAN HARBORS, INC., Biffa, Rumpke, Advanced Disposal Services, Inc., FCC Environment, Liquid Environmental Solutions, GRUNDON.
Research Methodology:Global Food Waste Management Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure