Global Gamma Knife Market By Disease Indication (Brain Metastasis, Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM), Cancer, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Movement Disorder, Malignant Tumors, Vascular Disorders, Ocular Diseases, Benign Tumors, Brain Tumors, Functional Disorders, Others Indications), Anatomy (Head, Neck, Others), End User (Hospital, Clinics, Ambulatory Centers), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Gamma Knife Market
Global gamma knife market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 7.2% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. The rise in the market growth is attributed to the growing cases of cancer, brain tumors, neurological disorders, growing geriatric population.
Market Definition: Global Gamma Knife Market
Gamma knife is a radiation technology which is used to treat the tissues of the brain tumors during a radiosurgery; it is also used to treat epilepsy, trigeminal neuralgia and nerve disorders which cause chronic pain, arteriovenous malformations and other neurological conditions.
According to the World Health Organization, Mental health action plan2013-2020 report, neurological disorders affect millions of people worldwide. Approximately, 50 million people have epilepsy and 47 million people are suffering from dementia globally. Common neurological disorders include epilepsy, headache, Parkinson disease, dementia and neurological problems.
- Increasing number of invasive surgery is driving the market growth
- Government insurance plans are acting as a driver for this market
- Rising prevalence of cancer and obesity among people is increasing the market growth
- Technological advancement to adopt the new technology will boost the market in the forecast period
- High cost equipment’s will hamper the market growth in the forecast period
- Stringent regulation may restrict the growth of the market
- Side effects and risks of treatment is also hindering the market growth
Segmentation: Global Gamma Knife Market
By Disease Indication
- Brain Metastasis
- Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Movement Disorder
- Malignant Tumors
- Vascular Disorders
- Ocular Diseases
- Benign Tumors
- Brain Tumors
- Functional Disorders
- Others Indications
By End User
- Ambulatory Centers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, Elekta's Leksell announced that its Gamma Knife Icon radiosurgery system has received clearance from the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA), which helps to enable health care providers to use this advanced technology to the patients. This gamma knife would help in treating any target in the brain virtually
- In June 2015, Elekta announced that it has signed a contract with Korea’s Samsung Medical Center (SMC) to launch the first Leksell gamma knife icon to Asia. This gamma knife would help to the patients suffering from various neurological disorders
Global gamma knife market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of gamma knife for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Some of the major players operating in global gamma knife market are Elekta Ab (pub), Varian Medical Systems, Inc., American Radiosurgery Inc., ISOTREND spol. s r.o., Huiheng Medical, Inc., Nordion (Canada) Inc., American Shared Hospital Services, UT Health East Texas, Cybermed, Masep, General Electric Company, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Brainlab, Accuray Incorporated, Blount Memorial Hospital and Hitachi America, Ltd among others
Research Methodology: Global Gamma Knife Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global gamma knife market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)