Global GaN and SiC Power Semiconductor Market By Product (Sic Power Module, GaN Power Module, Discrete SiC, Dicrete GaN), Application (Power Supplies, Industrial Motor Drives, H/EV, PV Inverters, Traction, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global GaN and SiC Power Semiconductor Market
Global GaN and SiC power semiconductor market is set to witness healthy CAGR of 30.12% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing application of IGBT modules and ability of the SiC to provide higher efficiency and lower losses is the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global GaN and SiC Power Semiconductor Market
GaN or gallium nitride is materials which are mainly used for the development of different semiconductor power devices, light emitting diodes and RF components. SiC or silicon carbide is a semiconductor which is made from silicon and carbide. These compound semiconductors have more electric field strength, band gap as compared to the silicon. These GaN and SiC power semiconductor are wide used in applications such as industrial motor devices, traction, PV inverters, power supplies and others. They are energy saving and consume less power due to which they are used in different applications.
- Better capabilities of the GaN and SiC as compared to the silicon will drive the market growth
- Growth in the semiconductor industry will also accelerate the growth of this market
- Increasing popularity of electric vehicles is also enhancing the market growth
- Rising usage of power devices in renewable energy applications will also drive the growth of this market
- High manufacturing cost will restrain the market growth
- Usage of conventional silicon materials for manufacturing will also hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global GaN and SiC Power Semiconductor Market
- Sic Power Module
- GaN Power Module
- Discrete SiC
- Dicrete GaN
- Power Supplies
- Industrial Motor Drives
- PV Inverters
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, Alpha & Omega Semiconductor announced the launch of their new Gallium Nitride device the AONV070V65G1 at their αGAN Technology platform. This new device is available at 650 V and 45 A along with 70mOhm Rds. This new launch will complete the product line of Power MOSFET
- In March 2019, ON Semiconductor announced the launch of their new silicon-carbide (SiC) MOSFET devices- NTHL080N120SC1 and the AEC-Q101 automotive-grade NVHL080N120SC1. These new devices are specially designed for application for on-board chargers for electric vehicles, automotive DC/DC and others. These devices also have patented termination structure which will provide high ruggedness and reliability
Global GaN and SiC power semiconductor market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of GaN and SiC power semiconductor market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global GaN and SiC power semiconductor market are Alpha and Omega Semiconductor, Fuji Electric Co., Ltd, Infineon Technologies AG, Littelfuse, Inc., Microsemi, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Renesas Electronics Corporation, ROHM SEMICONDUCTOR, SANKEN ELECTRIC CO.,LTD., STMicroelectronics, Epiluvac, IQE PLC, Transphorm Inc., SweGaN, Saint-Gobain, GeneSiC Semiconductor Inc.., Sublime Technologies, Global Power Technologies Group, DACO SEMICONDUCTOR CO.,LTD., AGC Inc., DuPont and Dow., WeEn Semiconductors and others.
Research Methodology: Global GaN and SiC Power Semiconductor Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved