Market Analysis: Global Gastric Cancer Drug Market
Global gastric cancer drug market is rising gradually to an estimated value of USD 4.37 billion by 2026 registering a substantial CAGR of 9.6% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed vulnerable aging population, robust drug pipeline and people adopting unhealthy lifestyle.
Market Definition: Global Gastric Cancer Drug Market
The gastric cancer drug refers to malignant tumors that begin in the lining of the stomach. This gastric cancer tends to develops over many years. It usually goes undiagnosed since it does not cause any early symptoms.
According to the article published in World Cancer Research Fund, it is identified gastric cancer was responsible for fourth most common malignancy occur in men and seventh rank in women. It is estimated that over 1.00 million new cases seen in the 2018. The high rate of incidence cases occurs in the South Korea in year of 2018. Advances in available medication, accelerating demand of novel therapies and increasing number of gastric related cancer are the drivers to the market.
- Increase in prevalence rate of gastric cancer due to lifestyle changes
- Chronic consumption of tobacco products and alcohol
- Adopting an unhealthy lifestyle such as diet with high fat, spicy food, less proteins consumption and physical inactivity
- Increase in obesity cases are anticipated to the result of occurrence of gastric cancer
- Rising awareness about treatment and technological advancement is driving the growth of market
- Increase in the rate of R&D initiatives is driving gastric cancer drug market
- High cost involved in the treatment
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs is expected to restrain the growth if the market
Segmentation: Global Gastric Cancer Drug Market
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor
- Carcinoid tumor
By Drug Type
- Doxorubicin Hydrochloride
- Targeted Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
By Route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- On February 2019, Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd as a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd received FDA approval for Lonsurf (trifluridine/tipiracil, TAS-102) for the treatment of patient with advanced or metastatic gastric cancer, which was previously administered on first line chemotherapy
- On September 2017, Merck & Co., Inc. received accelerated approval from FDA for Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for the treatment of patient with locally advanced or metastatic, gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma
Competitive Analysis: Global Gastric Cancer Drug Market
Global gastric cancer drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of cystic fibrosis market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa
Key Market Players: Global Gastric Cancer Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the gastric cancer drug market are, Imugene Limited , Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd , Immutep , F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd , Merck KGaA , Bristol-Myers Squibb Company , Novartis AG , Eli Lilly and Company , Sanofi S.A , Amgen Inc., Bayer AG, Celgene Corporation, Gilead Sciences, Inc., AstraZeneca, Ipsen Pharma, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Samumed, LLC, Arbutus Biopharma, ASLAN Pharmaceuticals and among others.
Research Methodology: Global Gastric Cancer Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global gastric cancer drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)