Global Genotyping Market By Product & Service (Instruments, Reagents & Kits, Bioinformatics, Genotyping Services), Technology (Microarrays, Capillary Electrophoresis, Sequencing, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization-Time of Flight (Maldi-Tof) Mass Spectrometry, Others Technologies), Application (Pharmacogenomics, Diagnostics & Personalized Medicine, Animal Genetics, Agricultural Biotechnology, Others), End User (Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Companies, Diagnostic and Research Laboratories, Academic Institutes, Other), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Genotyping Market
Global genotyping market is set to witness a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the technological advancements, increasing cases of diseases like cancer, diabetes and alzheimer’s.
Market Definition: Global Genotyping Market
Genotyping is a technique in which by examining the individual’s DNA sequence one can analyse genetic make-up differences through biological assays and for comparison with other individual’s sequence. Genotyping helps the researchers in exploring genetic deviations such as single nucleotide polymorphisms and large structural changes in DNA.
According to the Food & Drug Administration, around 300 people in 44 states and the District of Columbia became ill from ingesting the Salmonella Montevideo pathogen in 2009-2010. According to the standard epidemiology tools like food consumption questionnaires, the culprit was spiced salami. But the conventional lab methods were unable to differentiate between the Salmonella Montevideo found in spiced salami.
- Rising cases of genetic diseases, such as alzheimer’s, parkinson’s, hemophilia, thalassemia and turner syndrome are enhancing the market growth
- Technological developments in DNA sequencing boosts the growth of the market
- Deteriorating prices of DNA sequencing are accelerating the market growth in the forecast period
- Growing importance of genotyping in drug development will also propel the market growth
- Rising significance of SNP genotyping is hindering the market growth
- Unfavorable reimbursement policies will also limit the market in the forecast period
Segmentation: Global Genotyping Market
By Product & Service
- Reagents & Kits
- Genotyping Services
- Sequencers & Amplifiers
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism
- Restricted Fragment Length Polymorphism
- Single-stranded Conformation Polymorphism
- Next-Generation Sequencing
- Sanger Sequencing
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Real-time PCR
- Digital PCR
- Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization-Time of Flight (Maldi-Tof) Mass Spectrometry
- Others Technologies
- Diagnostics & Personalized Medicine
- Animal Genetics
- Agricultural Biotechnology
By End User
- Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Diagnostic and Research Laboratories
- Academic Institutes
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated announced that U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved symdeko for the treatment of children of ages 6-11 years suffering from cystic fibrosis. In connection with this approval, additional dosage strength of symdeko tablets is also available now. This approval would help in the treatment of children suffering from cystic fibrosis
- In 2016, Veritas Genetics offered the first genome sequence to consumers and physicians of worth USD 1,000. The company is ready to increase competition in the growing personal genetics industry by reducing its test price by 40%. This announcement helped the company to enhance its product portfolio in the market
Global genotyping market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of genotyping for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Some of the major players operating in global genotyping market are Illumina, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Agilent Technologies, Bioline, Qiagen, Danaher, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., General Electric, Sequenom, Fluidigm, Biogeniq Inc., Envigo, Helix, LGC Biosearch Technologies, Genotypic Technology Pvt Ltd, Eurofins Genomics, Biofortuna Limited, Agena Bioscience, Inc., BioTechniques, Precision Biomarker Resources, Inc., TrimGen Corporation, 23andMe, Inc., Xcelris Genomics, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc. and BioTek Instruments, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Genotyping Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global genotyping market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)