Global Head and Neck Cancer Drug Market By Type (Laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer, Nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancer, Nasopharyngeal cancer, Oral and oropharyngeal cancer, Salivary gland cancer and others), Treatment Type (Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, Immunotherapy, Surgery, Radiation therapy, Medication and others), Drug Type (Carboplatin, Cisplatin, Docetaxel, Paclitaxel, 5-fluorouracil, Epirubicin, and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Radiation and injectable), End- users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Head and Neck Cancer Drug Market
Global head and neck cancer drug market is rise gradually to an estimated value of USD 2.59 Billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 8.1% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing awareness and concerns regarding the health of patients.
Market Definition: Global Head and Neck Cancer Drug Market
The head and neck cancer is refers to any tumors that begin in or around the Pharynx, larynx, nose, sinuses, lymph nodes of the neck skin, salivary glands in the thyroid and head. It is potentially fatal aggressive squamous cell carcinomas.
According to the published article in American Society of Clinical Oncology in Jan 2019, it is identified that there are 65,410 cases of head and neck cancer, of which 48,000 are men and 17,410 are women. It is estimated that 14,620 patients will be dying from this disease in the current year. This significant rise in patient number acts as a driver for the growth of head and cancer drugs.
- Increase in prevalence rate of Head and neck cancer worldwide
- Chronic consumption of Tobacco products and alcohol
- Rising awareness about treatment and technological advancement is driving the growth of market
- Increase in the rate of R&D initiatives is driving Head and neck Cancer therapeutics market
- High cost involved in the treatment
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Lack of awareness among the patient and physician about head and neck treatment
Segmentation: Global Head and Neck Cancer Drug Market
- Laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer
- Nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancer
- Oral and oropharyngeal cancer
- Salivary gland cancer
- Nasopharyngeal cancer
By Drug Type
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted Therapy
By Route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received FDA approval of Libtayo (cemiplimab-rwlc) for the treatment of patient with head and neck cancer or advanced squamous cell carcinoma. Libtaya is PD-1 (protein found on the body’s immune cells and some cancer cells) blocking antibody. The recommended dose of LIBTAYO is 350 mg given by intravenous infusion over 30 minutes every 3 weeks.
- In April 2019, Merck & Co., Inc. got FDA expanded label approval of KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab) for the treatment of recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. It is given after the administration of platinum containing chemotherapy. Keytruda is anti PD-1 antibodies that act as immunomodulatory agent.
Competitive Analysis: Global Head and Neck Cancer Drug Market
Global head and neck cancer drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of head and neck cancer drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Head and Neck Cancer Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the Head and Neck Cancer Drug Cancer market are AstraZeneca Plc , Immutep, Fortress Biotech, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Pfizer Inc., Merck KGaA, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Novartis AG, Merck & Co., Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and few among others.
Research Methodology: Global Head and Neck Cancer Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global head and neck drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)