Global Hemoglobinopathies Market By Indication (Sickle Cell Disease, Beta Thalassemia, Alpha Thalassemia), End- User (Hospitals, Diagnostics Laboratories, Clinics), Test Type (Routine Red Blood Cell (RBC) Count, Genetic Testing, Hemoglobin by High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Hemoglobin Isoelectric Focusing (Hb IEF), Hemoglobin electrophoresis (Hb ELP), Hemoglobin Solubility Test), Pipeline Therapeutics (NiCord, ZFP Transcription Factors, ALN-TMP, Drug Targeting PRMT5, Drug Targeting Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 5), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Hemoglobinopathies Market
Global hemoglobinopathies market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 12.75 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 10.45% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. High prevalence of hemoglobinopathies is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Hemoglobinopathies Market
Hemoglobinopathies is a group of disorder which is associated with the blood and usually affects the red blood cell. Sickle cell anemia, thalassemias, hemoglobin C disease and hemoglobin S-C disease are some of the common hemoglobinopathies disease. They are usually detected by test like routine red blood cell count, high performance liquid chromatography, hemoglobin isoelectric focusing etc. They are usually inherited from single-gene disorders.
- Rising awareness about hemoglobinopathies among consumer is driving the market growth
- Improvement in healthcare infrastructure is driving the market
- Increasing blood cancer cases among population is driving the growth of this market.
- Favorable government programs related to hemoglobinopathies will propel the market
- Availability of diagnostics alternative of hemoglobinopathies will also restraint the market growth
- Lack of proper diagnostics test will hamper the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Hemoglobinopathies Market
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Beta Thalassemia
- Alpha Thalassemia
By End- User
- Diagnostics Laboratories
By Test Type
- Routine Red Blood Cell (RBC) Count
- Genetic Testing
- Hemoglobin by High Performance Liquid Chromatography
- Hemoglobin Isoelectric Focusing (Hb IEF)
- Hemoglobin electrophoresis (Hb ELP)
- Hemoglobin Solubility Test
By Pipeline Therapeutics
- NiCord, ZFP Transcription Factors
- Drug Targeting PRMT5
- Drug Targeting Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 5
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2016, Sangamo BioSciences, Inc announced the transfer of zinc finger nuclease (ZFN)-mediated genome editing program for hemoglobinopathies to Bioverativ. This helps the Bioverativ to meet the rising medical need of patient with blood disorders. It will also help the company to advance these programs. This program is very useful to treat two blood disorders, beta- thalassemia and sickle cell disease.
- In January 2014, Biogen Idec and Sangamo BioSciences together announced the launch of their new platform for the treatment of sickle cell disease (SCD) and beta thalassemia. This collaboration will help the Biogen to expand their business and to provide treatment to the patients with serious inherited hematologic conditions.
Competitive Analysis: Global Hemoglobinopathies Market
Global hemoglobinopathies market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of hemoglobinopathies market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Hemoglobinopathies Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global hemoglobinopathies market are Abbott, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Danaher, Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd, Nexcelom Bioscience LLC, NIHON KOHDEN CORPORATION, PerkinElmer Inc., Siemens, Sysmex Corporation, Novartis AG, Medunik USA Inc, Emmaus Medical, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, ApoPharma Inc, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Gamida Cell, Biogen, Acceleron Pharma, Inc, Sangamo Therapeutics, CELGENE CORPORATION.
Research Methodology: Global Hemoglobinopathies Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global hemoglobinopathies market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)