Global Hereditary Angioedema Therapeutic Market By Type (Type I HAE, Type II HAE, Type III HAE), Drug Class (C-1 Esterase Inhibitors, Bradykynin B2 Receptor Antagonist, Kallikrein Inhibitors, Others), Application (Prophylaxis, Treatment), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable), End-User (Home Healthcare, Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Hereditary Angioedema Therapeutic Market
Global hereditary angioedema therapeutic market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 4.51 billion by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased awareness about hereditary angioedema in various regions.
Market Definition: Global Hereditary Angioedema Therapeutic Market
Hereditary angioedema is a rare genetic disorder. The common symptoms of the disease are repeated incidents of severe swelling limbs, intestinal tract, face, and airway. This disease is categorized into three categories: Type I HAE, Type II HAE, Type III HAE. As per NIH Organization report, hereditary angioedema affects almost 1 in 50,000 people. The prevalence rate of Type I is more, which represents almost 85% of cases, the prevalence of Type II is 15% of, and the incidence of Type III is very rare.
- Favourable reimbursement policies is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing cases of the hereditary angioedema in various regions globally is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing awareness about diagnosis and treatment of hereditary angioedema is also expected to boost the growth of the market
- Increasing focus on developing novel therapeutics is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Stringent regulatory policies is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- High price of medicines, which is restricting the overall adoption of these meters
- Misdiagnosis of the disease; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Hereditary Angioedema Therapeutic Market
- Type I HAE
- Type II HAE
- Type III HAE
By Drug Class
- C-1 Esterase Inhibitors
- Bradykynin B2 Receptor Antagonist
- Kallikrein Inhibitors
By Route of Administration
- Home Healthcare
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, Shire plc (A subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited) received FDA approval for its Takhzyro (lanadelumab-flyo). This is a plasma kallikrein inhibitor (monoclonal antibody). This drug is used in the treatment of hereditary angioedema attacks. This will help the company to create a strong product portfolio
- In June 2017, CSL Behring received FDA approval for its Haegarda. This is a C1 esterase inhibitor. This is a low-volume subcutaneous (SC) C1-esterase inhibitor (C1-INH) replacement therapy used in the treatment of hereditary angioedema (HAE) attacks. This will help in the expansion of the company’s product portfolio
Global hereditary angioedema therapeutic market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of hereditary angioedema therapeutic market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global hereditary angioedema therapeutic market are Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited; CSL Limited; BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.; Pharming Group N.V.; Ionis Pharmaceuticals; Novartis AG; CENTOGENE AG; Sanofi; KalVista Pharmaceuticals among others.
Research Methodology: Global Hereditary Angioedema Therapeutic Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved