Global Immunotherapy Drugs Market By Type of Drug (Monoclonal Antibodies, Adult Vaccines, Checkpoint Inhibitors, Interferons Alpha & Beta, Interleukins, Other Drugs), Therapy Area (Cancer, Autoimmune and Inflammatory Diseases, Infectious Diseases, Other Therapy Areas), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Other End Users), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Immunotherapy Drugs Market
Global immunotherapy drugs market is registering a healthy CAGR of 14.80% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market value can be attributed to the surging adoption of targeted therapies and increasing incidence of cancer globally.
Market Definition: Global Immunotherapy Drugs Market
Immunotherapy is a form of biological therapy for the treatment of cancer to increase the natural protection of the body to fight cancer. It can operate to slow or stop cancer cell development, stop cancer from expanding to other areas of the body, and strengthen the immune system. To enhance or restore the function of the immune system, these therapies are produced for the body in a laboratory.
- Increasing number of patients suffering from cancer, driving the growth of the market
- Less side effects due to drugs in comparison of other treatments, is boosting the market growth
- Adoption of targeted therapy over traditional therapy, is helping the market to grow
- Surging incidents of chronic diseases and lifestyle disorders, are the factors for market growth
- Costly treatments, hinders the growth of the market
- Lack of information about immunotherapy drugs, restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Immunotherapy Drugs Market
By Type of Drug
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Adult Vaccines
- Preventive Vaccines
- Therapeutic Vaccines
- Checkpoint Inhibitors
- Interferons Alpha & Beta
- Non-specific Immunotherapy
- Adaptive Cell Therapy
- Other Drugs
By Therapy Area
- Solid Tumor
- Autoimmune and Inflammatory Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Other Therapy Areas
By End User
- Other End Users
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2019, BioNTech acquired MAB’s operational antibody generation unit. These two companies have been working together for over five years, in which MAB used its technology to produce antibodies, which is then further produced by BioNTech. This purchase will allow BioNTech to use MAB’s technologies to produce mRNA-encoded antibody drug candidates.
- In August 2018, Novartis received the permission to utilize Aimovig for the treatment in adult from European Commission. Aimovig is intended to prevent the Calcitonin-related gene-related peptide receptor (CGRP-R), which is connected with the disabling migraine pain medication.
Global immunotherapy drugs market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of immunotherapy drugs market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global immunotherapy drugs market are F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp, Novartis AG, Johnson & Johnson Private Limited, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Amgen Inc., AbbVie Inc., AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Eli Lilly and Company, UbiVac, Alligator Bioscience AB, Sysmex Corporation, Genomic Health, Abbott, PerkinElmer Inc., Illumina, Inc., QIAGEN, GENERAL ELECTRIC, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Cepheid, OPKO Health, Inc., Myriad Genetics, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Immunotherapy Drugs Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global immunotherapy drugs market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)