Global Intra-Abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices Market By Procedure (Muscle, Abdomen), Product Type (Disposables, Equipment), Application (intra-abdominal hypertension, intra-compartment pressure), End-Users (Hospitals, Trauma Centers, Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs), and Clinics), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Intra-Abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices Market
Global intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 253.65 million by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rising incidence of chronic and infectious diseases.
Market Definition: Global Intra-Abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices Market
Intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices (IPMD) are used for fluid resuscitation, management and diagnosis of patients who develop abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS) and/or intra-abdominal hypertension (IAH) that causes mortality and morbidity among patients. This occurs due to reduced venous return, altered respiratory mechanics and cardiac output. With the help of IPMDs, early treatment and recognition of IAH and ACS can be detected.
- Rising incidence of chronic and infectious diseases among people will act as a driver for the market
- High prevalence of intra-abdominal hypertension; this factor will also act as a driver for the market
- Rising number of geriatric population is also driving the market
- Rise in prevalence of IAH and ACS will also act as a driver for the market
- Competitive pricing lead to quality issues; this factor can act as a restraint for the market
- Negative results from chronic and radiation cystitis can also act a restraint for the market
- Negative results from radiation cystitis and pelvic hematoma and less utilization of IPMDs in general surgery impede the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Intra-Abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices Market
By Product Type
- Intra-Abdominal Hypertension
- Intra-Compartment Pressure
By End Users
- Trauma Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- The BARD Intra-abdominal Pressure (IAP) Monitoring Device, a product manufactured by BD, helps in monitoring intra-abdominal pressure through Foley urinary catheter. The monitored pressure helps in the diagnosis of clinical syndrome of abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS) and intra-abdominal hypertension (IAH). Such products will help the company to grow in this market.
- In December 2016, Centurion Medical Products launched a Compass digital pressure transducers that measures and monitors both intra-abdominal pressures (IAP) and pleural. The product is compact and provides quantitative pressure measurements.
Global intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices market are BD, ConvaTec Group PLC, Centurion Medical Products, Scranton Gillette Communications, Gaeltec Devices Ltd., Nutrimedics S.A., Potrero Medical, Spiegelberg GmbH & Co. KG, SSEM Mthembu Medical (Pty) Ltd. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Intra-Abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)