Global Janus Kinases (JAKs) Inhibitor Drugs Market By Type (JAK1 Inhibitor, JAK2 Inhibitor, JAK3 Inhibitor and Others), Therapeutic Area (Oncology, Muscoskeletal, Gastroenterology and Others), Indication (Autoimmune disorders, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative Colitis, Solid Tumors, Hematological Malignancies and Others), Drugs (Baricitinib, Tofacitinib Citrate, Upadacitinib and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable and Others), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Janus Kinases (JAKs) Inhibitor Drugs Market
Global Janus Kinases (JAKs) inhibitor drugs market is expected to grow at a growing CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increase in strategic alliances between the pharmaceuticals companies and high demand of disease specific novel therapies are the key factors that fueling the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Janus Kinases (JAKs) Inhibitor Drugs Market
Janus Kinases (JAKs) inhibitor is also known jakinibs are the type of intervention that functions by inhibiting the activity of Janus Kinase enzyme such as JAK1, JAK2, JAK3, and TYK2 by interfering with the JAK-STAT signaling pathway.
- Ongoing clinical trial conducted by many pharmaceuticals industries is propelling the growth of this market
- Increase in special designation from the regulatory authorities is boosting the market growth
- High demand of disease specific novel treatment can also act as a market driver
- The competitive scenario of market and strategic collaborations may boost the market position
- Limited operating revenue opportunities for research and development of targeted therapies by many pharmaceuticals is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Low healthcare budget in some developing countries is hamper the market growth
- Patent expiration of branded drugs and introduction of generics is also hinders the market growth
Segmentation: Global Janus Kinases (JAKs) Inhibitor Drugs Market
- JAK1 Inhibitor
- JAK2 Inhibitor
- JAK3 Inhibitor
By Therapeutic Area
- Autoimmune disorders
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Solid Tumors
- Hematological Malignancies
- Tofacitinib Citrate
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Sierra Oncology, Inc received Fast Track designation from the FDA for momelotinib, a JAK1, JAK2 and ACVR1 inhibitor, for the treatment of patients with intermediate/high-risk myelofibrosis who have previously received a JAK inhibitor. With this designation for momelotinib accelerates review timelines and enhances the interaction with the FDA which can bring this potentially disease-modifying drug for patients as quickly as possible.
- In March 2019, Astellas Pharma Inc received an approval from the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) for Smyraf 50 mg and 100 mg Tablets (peficitinib hydrobromide), an oral Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. The approval of Smyraf represents major advances that offer complete treatment for patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis throughout the Japan.
- In December 2018, Asana BioSciences a subsidiary of Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC received Fast Track designation from the FDA for ASN002, oral Janus Kinase (JAK) and Spleen Tyrosine Kinase (SYK) dual inhibitor for the treatment of moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis. The FDA designation for momelotinib accelerates review timelines and enhances the interaction with the FDA which can bring this potentially disease-modifying drug for patients suffering from atopic dermatitis as quickly as possible.
Global Janus Kinases (JAKs) inhibitor drugs market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares global Janus Kinases (JAKs) inhibitor drugs market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global Janus Kinases (JAKs) inhibitor drugs market are AbbVie Inc, Pfizer Inc, Galapagos NV, Gilead Sciences, Inc, Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Reistone Biopharma, Theravance Biopharma, Incyte Corporation, Eli Lilly and Company, CTI BioPharma Corp, Sierra Oncology, Inc, Novartis AG, Sanofi, CELGENE CORPORATION, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Astellas Pharma Inc, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, AstraZeneca, Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc, BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC, Biogen and others
Research Methodology: Global Janus Kinases (JAKs) Inhibitor Drugs Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global Janus Kinases (JAKs) inhibitor drugs market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players