Global Knee Cartilage Repair Market By Surgery Type (Autologous Chondrocytes Implantation, Cell-based Cartilage Resurfacing, Microfracturing, Subchondroplasty, Osteochondral Autograft Transplantation, Meniscus Transplantation, Others), Number of Stages (One- stage, Two- stage), Cartilage Type (Elastic Cartilage, Fibrocartilage, Articular Cartilage, Hyaline Cartilage), End- Users (Orthopedic Hospitals, Orthopedic Surgeons, Clinics), Treatment Modality (Cell-based Approaches, Non Cell-based Approaches), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Knee Cartilage Repair Market
Global Knee Cartilage Repair Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 3.31 billion to an estimated value of USD 5.37 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.25% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing knee fractures is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Knee Cartilage Repair Market
Knee cartilage repair is a process which is used by the surgeon to remove unravels and ripped cartilage. This surgery is done to reduce the knee pain, restore knee function and to slow down the cartilage degeneration. Increasing neuromuscular disorder among the population is the major factor fueling the growth of this market.
- Rising neuromuscular disorders among the ageing population are driving the growth of this market
- Increasing sports participation among the population is driving the market growth
- High price of the knee cartilage surgeries is restraining the growth of this market
- Increasing rate of complications related to the surgery is restraining the market
Segmentation: Global Knee Cartilage Repair Market
- By Surgery Type
- Autologous Chondrocytes Implantation
- Cell-based Cartilage Resurfacing
- Osteochondral Autograft Transplantation
- Meniscus Transplantation
- By Number of Stages
- One- stage
- Two- stage
- By Cartilage Type
- Elastic Cartilage
- Articular Cartilage
- Hyaline Cartilage
- By End- Users
- Orthopedic Hospitals
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- By Treatment Modality
- Cell-based Approaches
- Chondrocyte Transplantation
- Growth Factor Technology
- Stem Cells
- Non Cell-based Approaches
- Tissue Scaffolds
- Cell-free Composites
- Cell-based Approaches
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2017, Apollo Hospitals and RMS REGROW announced that they have partnered with each other so that they can launch their new regenerative medicine cell therapy products- Ossron and Chondron for bone and cartilage problems. They are designed for sports injuries, accidents and will also be used for hip and knee replacement. The main aim is to create new innovative and advanced healthcare treatments.
- In March 2016. Allosource announced the launch of their new cartilage restoration matrix ProChondrix which is specially designed to provide necessary components required for the cartilage to regenerate. It is designed in such a way so that they can meet the biomechanical and biochemical properties of hyaline cartilage. Its aim is to enhance the success rate of microfracture surgery and healing the affected area to heal naturally.
Competitive Analysis: Global Knee Cartilage Repair Market
Global knee cartilage repair market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of knee cartilage repair market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Knee Cartilage Repair Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the knee cartilage repair market are Histogenics, Vericel, Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB, The Future of Biotechnology, MEDIPOST, Zimmer Biomet, Osiris, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Stryker, Smith & Nephew, Medtronic, CONMED Corporation., DePuy Synthes, Arthrex, Inc., LifeNet Health, Anika Therapeutics, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited., BioTissue.
Research Methodology: Global Knee Cartilage Repair Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also, market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global knee cartilage repair market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds the highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at the country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)