Global Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Drug Market By Mechanism of Action (Anti-Epileptics, Anticonvulsants and Others), Drugs (Valproic Acid, Topiramate, Felbamate, Rufinamide, Lamotrigine and Others), Treatment (Medication, Dietary Therapy and Surgery), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Drug Market
Global Lennox-Gastaut syndrome drug market is growing at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rising population with risk factors for LGS, the growing prevalence of infectious diseases such as encephalitis and meningitis will further increase the risk of the development of LGS, initiatives taken by government and non-governmental organizations for raising awareness about this syndrome, increasing investment of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries in R&D and increasing healthcare expenditure are some of the factors fueling the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Drug Market
Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) is a rare type of childhood onset epilepsy that progresses during early stages of childhood. Patients with this syndrome have developmental delay, behavioral problems and different types of seizures such as atonic, tonic and atypical absence seizures.
This syndrome is associated with several gene mutations, perinatal insults, congenital infections, brain tumors/malformations and genetic disorders such as tuberous sclerosis and West syndrome.
According to National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD), it estimates that Lennox-Gastaut syndrome occur in 1-28 people per 100,000 and it accounts for 1-4 percent of all cases of childhood epilepsy. The annual incidence of this syndrome in children is estimated to be 2 per 100,000 children.
- Rising population with risk factors for LGS is driving the market growth
- Growing prevalence of infectious diseases such as encephalitis and meningitis increases the risk of the development of LGS which acts as a market driver
- Increasing investment of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries in R&D is enhancing the market growth
- Initiatives taken by government and non-governmental organizations for raising awareness amongst people about this disorder also boost the market growth
- Increasing global healthcare expenditure drives the market growth
- Side effects associated with available treatment is hampering the market growth
- High cost of treatment available is restraining the market growth
- Lack of availability of essential services in remote areas acts as a market restraint
Segmentation: Global Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Drug Market
By Mechanism of Action
- Valproic Acid
- Dietary Therapy
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In November 2018, Aquestive Therapeutics, Inc received the U.S FDA approval for Sympazan (clobazam) for the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) in patients aged 2 years and older. Patients with LGS have difficulty in swallowing tablets or large volumes of oral suspension, because of physical limitations or compliance issues, Sympazan oral film is a cost effective treatment and will overcome difficulties in those patients who faces difficulty in swallowing tablets
- In June 2018, GW Pharmaceuticals plc received the U.S FDA approval for Epidiolex (cannabidiol), oral solution for the treatment of seizures associated with two rare and severe forms of epilepsy, Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome in patients two years of age and older. This approval proves that properly evaluating the active ingredients contained in marijuana can lead to important medical therapies
Global Lennox-Gastaut syndrome drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome drug for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global Lennox-Gastaut syndrome drug market are Pfizer Inc, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc, Novartis AG, Abbott, Eisai Co., Ltd, INSYS THERAPEUTICS, INC, GW Pharmaceuticals plc, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Zogenix, H. Lundbeck A/S, Bausch Health, Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc, UCB Pharma Ltd, Sanofi, Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd among others.
Research Methodology: Global Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global Lennox-Gastaut syndrome drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.