Global Licensed Sports Merchandise Market By Product (Apparel, Footwear, Accessories & Toys, Video Games, Others), Distribution Channel (Online Retail, Offline Retail Stores), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Licensed Sports Merchandise Market
Global Licensed Sports Merchandise Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 31.70 billion in 2018 to a projected value of USD 46.87 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.01% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growth in adoption and preference of sporting activities & sports-based goods worldwide.
Market Definition: Global Licensed Sports Merchandise Market
Licensed sports merchandise products can be defined as those consumer goods that have been branded with specific sports or a specific team. These goods and merchandise include apparels, footwear, toys, accessories, and various other products specifically branded with individual teams from different sports groups and leagues.
- Increasing fan following for sports and sporting leagues worldwide is one of the major factors driving the market growth
- Increasing levels of disposable income for individuals is one of the major factors driving the market growth
- Higher cost of the same goods and products as compared to conventional non-branded goods; this factor is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
- Presence of counterfeit goods is also expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Licensed Sports Merchandise Market
- By Product
- Accessories & Toys
- Video Games
- By Distribution Channel
- Online Retail
- Offline Retail Stores
- Unorganised Stores
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2018, Newell Brands announced that they had agreed to sell Rawlings Sporting Goods to Seidler Equity Partners. This agreement is parallel to Newell’s growth strategy which includes the focus on more recognisable and leader brands in the market.
- In May 2017, Fanatics announced that they had completed the acquisition of VF Corporation’s Licensed Sports Group. Licensed Sports Group’s business includes a number of sports goods and merchandise licensed from international sports teams and leagues. This acquisition will significantly improve Fanatics’ product offerings and expand their market share.
Global licensed sports merchandise market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of licensed sports merchandise market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
VF Corporation; Nike, Inc.; adidas AG; PUMA SE; Sports Direct International plc; Hanesbrands Inc.; Under Armour, Inc.; Quiksilver, Inc.; Fanatics; Rawlings Sporting Goods.; Li Ning (China) Sporting Goods Co., Ltd.; EVERLAST WORLDWIDE, INC.; RDX Inc.; Combat Sports International; Revgear; Ringside, Inc.; are few of the major competitors currently present in the licensed sports merchandise market.
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure