Global LiDAR Drones Market By Component (LiDAR Lasers, Navigation & Positioning, UAV Camera, Others), Product (Rotary Wing LiDAR Drone, Fixed Wing LiDAR Drone), Application (Corridor Mapping, Archaeology, Construction, Environment, Entertainment, Defense, Precision Agriculture, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global LiDAR Drones Market
Global LiDAR Drones Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 34.53 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 404.83 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 36.03% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased adoption of the product from private and government organizations.
Market Definition: Global LiDAR Drones Market
LiDAR drones are unmanned aerial vehicles that are equipped with light detection and ranging sensors, cameras in combination with processing technology which provides the accurate environmental location and information. A laser is beamed from the sensors which are detected by the various scanners and this information is recorded, and the time calculated for the laser to reflect back is detected so that the accurate object information is measured.
- Rapid demand and adoption of the product from the agricultural industry and farming practices; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Growth in demand for accurate and efficient surveillance systems from the various end-use industries is expected to drive the market growth
- Lack of skilled professionals and pilots required to manoeuvre these drones is expected to restrain the market growth
- Concerns regarding the management of air traffic amid growing levels of drones in the environment; this factor is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global LiDAR Drones Market
- By Component
- LiDAR Lasers
- Navigation & Positioning
- UAV Camera
- By Product
- Rotary Wing LiDAR Drone
- Fixed Wing LiDAR Drone
- By Application
- Corridor Mapping
- Precision Agriculture
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, SICK AG announced the launch of high-precision light detection and ranging sensors. The sensors termed as “LMS1000” and “MRS1000” are set to be used as infrared LiDAR sensors providing high levels of accuracy even in large distances. The sensors are equipped with company’s HDDM+ technology providing consisting effective accurate information
- In September 2017, Trimble Inc. announced the launch of three new GNSS-Inertial Systems for Direct Georeferencing on UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles), termed as “APX-15-EI UAV”, “APX-18 UAV” and “APX-20 UAV”. These products are expected to expand the products portfolio of the company’s Direct Georeferencing on UAVs
Global LiDAR drones market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of LiDAR drones market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in LiDAR drones market are DJI; SICK AG; 3D Robotics; Velodyne Lidar, Inc.; Waymo LLC; Teledyne Optech; RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems GmbH; Leica Geosystems AG - Part of Hexagon; Phoenix LiDAR Systems; HEXAGON; FARO Technologies, Inc.; Blue Skies Drone Rental; Trimble Inc.; Ouster, Inc.; Valeo; Topcon; Leosphere; Fagerman Technologies, dba. LiDARUSA; 3D LASER MAPPING and Coptrz.
Research Methodology: Global LiDAR Drones Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved