Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Connections Market By Technology (Wired (Ethernet, Industrial(Industrial Ethernet, Modbus, Profinet, Foundation Fieldbus), Wireless), Industry (Manufacturing, Consumer Applications, Healthcare, Utilities, Retail, Consumer Electronics, Automotive & Transportation, Security & Surveillance), End-User (Healthcare, Utilities, Automotive & Transportation(Telematics, Fleet Tracking/Monitoring), Retail(Intelligent Vending Machines, Contactless Checkout/POS, Digital Signage), Consumer Electronics(Smart TV, Smart Appliances), Security & Surveillance(Commercial & Residential Security, Remote Surveillance), Others) Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America and Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Connections Market
Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Connections Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 6.67billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 9.52 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.55% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing automotive industry.
Market Definition: Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Connections Market
The Machine-to-Machine (M2M) connects machine to mobile- mobile to mobile and finally mobile to machines. Thus, it plays a very important role in different industries such as manufacturing, logistics, transportation and healthcare.
- Rising M2M Connections among Various Industry Verticals, due to increasing M2M connections this act as a driver to the market.
- Increasing Adoption of 4G/LTE Cellular Technologies and Rising Demand for Extended Network Coverage, this significant act as a market driver.
- Lack of Standardization in Connectivity Protocols, due to lacking in connectivity protocols, this act as restraints to the market.
- Inability to Leverage the Benefits of Mobility, this significant act as a restraints for the market.
Segmentation: Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Connections Market
- Industrial Ethernet
- Foundation Fieldbus
- Short Range
- Cellular Network
- Second Generation (2G)
- Third Generation (3G)
- Fourth Generation (4G)/Long-Term Evolution (LTE)
- Short Range
- Consumer Applications
- Patient Monitoring Systems
- Fall Detector
- Smart Pill Dispenser
- Smart Grids
- Smart Meters
- Intelligent Vending Machines
- Contactless Checkout/POS
- Digital Signage
- Consumer Electronics
- Smart TV
- Smart Appliances
- Automotive & Transportation
- Fleet Tracking/Monitoring
- Security & Surveillance
- Commercial & Residential Security
- Remote Surveillance
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2016, VimpelCom Ltd. selected Cisco Jasper's M2M/IoT platform to be its Smart Connectivity management platform across its global network operator properties.Due to this agreement, VimpelCom's customers are likely to implement and manage various M2M services like fleet management and smart metering.
- In February 2016, Intel announced to launched the 4G LTE-Advanced modem, Intel XMM 7480 just to provide high-quality, high-speed voice and data services required in next-generation smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
Competitive Analysis: Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Connections Market
Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) connections market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of machine-to-machine (M2M) connections market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Connections Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the machine-to-machine (M2M) connections market are AT&T Intellectual Property (US), Cisco Systems, Inc. (US), Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (China), NXP Semiconductors (Europe), Texas Instruments Incorporated (US), Telenor Group (Europe), Intel Corporation (US), FANSTEL CORP (USA), Vodafone Group (UK). Murata Manufacturing Co. (Japan), Afero (usa), Deutsche Telekom AG (Europe), Gemalto NV (Europe), Telit (Japan), Verizon Digital Media Services (US).
Research Methodology: Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Connections Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved