Global Meat Testing Market By Sample Type (Meat, Seafood), Form (Processed Meat, Raw Meat), Target Tested (GMOs, Heavy Metals, Allergens, Pathogens, Species, Veterinary Drug Residues, Mycotoxins, Others), Testing Technology (Rapid Testing, Traditional Testing), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Meat Testing Market
Global Meat Testing Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 7.81 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 14.63 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 8.15% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing levels of trade and consumption of meat and seafood products.
Market Definition: Global Meat Testing Market
Meat testing is a term given to the testing process of inspection of meat for any external allergen or chemicals that might make it unfit for human consumption. This process is used for identification and grading of the meat which helps in determining whether the origin of the meat source is contaminated or whether the meat has been contaminated at some phase of the supply chain.
- Significant rise in levels of consumption of meat and seafood products and items
- Rising concerns of contamination of meat and other products that has been a result of previous outbreaks related to meat contamination and food products
- Resulting in increased product cost due to the high initial start-up cost and high testing cost
- Variable test results of the same product with different methods of testing resulting in distrust on the results; this factor is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Meat Testing Market
- By Sample Type
- Sheep & Goat Meat
- Other Meat
- Wild Boar
- By Form
- Processed Meat
- Raw Meat
- By Target Tested
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Heavy Metals
- Veterinary Drug Residues
- Chemical Residue
- By Testing Technology
- Rapid Testing
- Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS)
- Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES)
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Traditional Testing
- Agar Culture
- Rapid Testing
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, Romer Labs Division Holding GmbH announced the inauguration of a new R&D center situated in Tulln, Austria. The new facility is expected to help the company provide unique and innovative quality testing and certifications for the food and feed market.
- In July 2017, SGS SA announced the initiation of a new testing center situated in Moscow, Russia. The new facility is expected to help the company provide their operational capabilities and expand their operations.
Competitive Analysis: Global Meat Testing Market
Global meat testing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of meat testing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Meat Testing Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the meat testing market are Mérieux NutriSciences; Genetic ID; SGS SA; AsureQuality; Intertek Group plc; TÜV SÜD; Microbac Laboratories, Inc.; Certified Laboratories, Inc.; LGC Limited; Symbio Laboratories; Romer Labs Division Holding GmbH; ALS Limited; Eurofins Scientific; Bureau Veritas and QIMA.
Research Methodology: Global Meat Testing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure