Global Medical Camera Market, By Type (Endoscopy Cameras, Surgical Microscopy Cameras, Dermatology Cameras, Ophthalmology Cameras, Dental Cameras, Other Cameras), Sensor (CMOS Sensors, CCD Sensors), Resolution (Standard-Definition Cameras, High-Definition Cameras), End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics & Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Diagnostic Centers), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Medical Camera Market
The Global Medical Camera Market is expected to reach USD 4.00 billion by 2025, from USD 2.43 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Medical Camera Market
The medical camera is designed in such a way that it helps doctors to track medical tools known as endoscopes that are used to investigate a range of internal conditions. This device helps the doctors to detect sources of light inside the body like the illuminated tip of the endoscope's long flexible tube. The cameras have advance technologies that help to detect individual particles of light, called photons. Various key players are developing new products such as IMPERX, Inc. which is one of the major key player, have manufactured different medical camera that have features like high sensitivity and high dynamic range sensors for many medical applications. These devices are easy to use and install. These are the high quality precision cameras which are often utilized in both digital inspection and lab environments. According to an article published by Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd Canon had acquired Toshiba Medical to be a part of its medical division and the company has the revenue of USD 341.84 million in the year 2016 in India itself.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing number of surgical procedures that utilize medical cameras
- Technological advancements in medical cameras
- High manufacturing costs
Market Segmentation: Global Medical Camera Market
- The global medical camera market is segmented based on product type, sensor, resolution, end-user and geographical segments.
- Based on type, the market is segmented into endoscopy cameras, surgical microscopy cameras, dermatology cameras, ophthalmology cameras, dental cameras, other cameras.
- On the basis of sensor, the market is classified into standard-definition cameras, high-definition cameras.
- On the basis of resolution, the market is classified into hospitals, specialty clinics & ambulatory surgery centers, diagnostic centers.
- On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory centers, clinics, community healthcare and, others. Based on distribution channel the market is segmented into retail and direct tenders.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others. In 2017, North America is expected to dominate the market.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2016, Lakeridge Health installed three CARESTREAM DRX-Revolution Mobile X-ray Systems to help its staff to capture digital radiography exams for patients in the emergency department and intensive care units, as well as inpatients. Two imaging systems are installed at Lakeridge Health Oshawa and the third is deployed at Lakeridge Health Bowmanville.
- In June 2018, , ZEISS, launched its new product under the brand name VISULAS green photocoagulation laser at the World Ophthalmology Congress in Barcelona. The new product is used to treat a variety of eye diseases including two major causes of blindness: Diabetic Retinopathy and Age-related Macular Degeneration. It offers uninterrupted workflow by giving doctors the ability to monitor important treatment settings directly from the eyepiece and the ability to change these settings while operating the joystick, respectively.
Competitive Analysis: Global Medical Camera Market
The global medical camera market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of medical camera market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Medical Camera Market
Some of the major players operating in the global medical camera market are Olympus Corporation, Sony Corporation, Carestream Health, Inc. (A Subsidiary of Onex Corporation), Stryker Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, Smith & Nephew PLC, Leica Microsystems (A Subsidiary of Danaher Corporation), Carl Zeiss AG, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., Topcon Corporation, Canon Inc., Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Olympus Corporation, Nikon Corporation, JOEL Ltd, SPOT Imaging Solutions, Allied Vision GmbH, Topcon Corporation among others.
Research Methodology: Global Medical Camera Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global medical camera market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- The report includes the complete segmentation displayed above across all above mentioned countries
- All type covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)