Global Microbiome Sequencing Market By Sequencing Technology (Sanger Sequencing, High-Throughput Sequencing, Third-Generation Sequencing, SBL, SBS, Shotgun Sequencing, Whole Genome Sequencing, Targeted Gene Sequencing, RNA Sequencing, Others), Component (Reagents & Kits, Instruments), Targeted Disease (Gastrointestinal Diseases, Infectious Diseases, CNS Diseases, Oncology, Others), Application (Drug & Biomarker Discovery, Genetic Screening, Disease Diagnosis Research, Therapeutic, Personalized Medicine, Others), Research Type (Outsourced, In-House), End-User (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology, Academic Centers & Research Institutes, CROs, Others), Laboratory Type (Dry Lab, Wet Lab), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Microbiome Sequencing Market
Global microbiome sequencing market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 3455.33 million by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the focus of various researchers on utilization of this technology in the development of personalized medicine and dietary applications.
Market Definition: Global Microbiome Sequencing Market
Microbiome sequencing is a research technology involving the study of microbes and their roles in healthcare maintenance and disease prevalence. This is generally carried out by sampling out human skin, stool or blood. These samples are tested in labor-intensive techniques of microbiology studies wherein they can isolate organisms in these samples with the help of phenotyping or genotypic analysis.
- Increasing adoption of genomic research methods along with widening areas of application for microbiome sequencing technology is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing demands for next-generation sequencing services will also propel the growth of the market
- Decreasing costs associated with NGS technology giving rise to a greater adoption rate also acts as a market driver
- Increasing investment expenditure being incurred on advancing and utilization of microbiome research will boost this market growth
- Lack of technically proficient individuals is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding the legal and ethical issues in concerns to genome sequencing methods; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Microbiome Sequencing Market
By Sequencing Technology
- Sanger Sequencing
- High-Throughput Sequencing
- Third-Generation Sequencing
- Sequencing By Ligation (SBL)
- Sequencing By Synthesis (SBS)
- Shotgun Sequencing
- Whole Genome Sequencing
- Targeted Gene Sequencing
- RNA Sequencing
- Reagents & Kits
By Targeted Disease
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- CNS Diseases
- Drug & Biomarker Discovery
- Genetic Screening
- Disease Diagnosis Research
- Personalized Medicine
By Research Type
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology
- Academic Centers & Research Institutes
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
By Laboratory Type
- Dry Lab
- Wet Lab
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, LOOP GENOMICS announced the launch of new kits aimed at enhancing the ultra-high resolution microbiome sequencing solutions for researchers. The kits are provided in combination with Illumina’s instruments which can reduce the overall costs of researches and provide valuable insights with high accuracy
- In January 2019, OraSure Technologies announced that they had agreed to acquire two separate organizations to enhance their growth strategies and align their business strategies to meet the growing consumer demands for microbiome services, as well as enhancing the expertise of non-invasive sampling collection
Global microbiome sequencing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of microbiome sequencing market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global microbiome sequencing market are BIOLOG; Cosmosid Inc; Illumina, Inc.; Metabiomics Corp.; Oxford Nanopore Technologies; BaseClear B.V.; BGI; BioMathematica; Charles River; CoreBiome, Inc.; Clinical-Microbiomics A/S; Diversigen; Eurofins Scientific; LABCYTE INC.; Leucine Rich Bio Pvt Ltd.; Microbiome Insights; MICROBIOME THERAPEUTICS, LLC; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; Molzym GmbH & Co. KG; Norgen Biotek Corp.; Phase Genomics Inc.; QIAGEN; Resphera Biosciences, LLC; Shoreline Biome; StarSEQ GmbH; Viome, Inc.; Zymo Research among others.
Research Methodology: Global Microbiome Sequencing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global microbiome sequencing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)