Global Molded Pulp Packaging Market By Molded Type (Thick Wall, Transfer, Thermoformed, Processed), Source (Wood Pulp, Non-Wood Pulp), Product Type (Trays, Cups, Clamshells, Plates, Bowls, Others), End Use (Foodservice Disposables, Food Packaging, Healthcare, Electronics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Molded Pulp Packaging Market
Global molded pulp packaging market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 4.83 billion by 2026, registering a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing growth in the consumption of sustainable packaging solutions/methods from various end-use industries.
Market Definition: Global Molded Pulp Packaging Market
Molded pulp packaging is the collection of packaging products/solutions made from recycled paperboard or paper material. These products are generally utilized in the packaging of food products or by the food & beverage industry for servicing. These products consist of different variations ranging from cups, trays, plates, bowls and even wholesale product containers.
- Increasing rate of adoption for eco-friendly & sustainable packaging products from consumers is expected to foster growth in the market
- Environmental benefits of these products is expected to augment growth of the market
- Rise in the levels of disposable income of individuals resulting in higher consumption of packaged food and preference for consuming food-based services can also augment the growth of this market
- Varied innovations and advancements of technology focus of manufacturers is also expected to have a positive effect on the market growth
- Presence of strict regulations for the recycling process can restrict the market growth
- Usage of certain packaging solutions from various different applicable industries can also hamper the market growth
- Fluctuations in raw material prices also has an impact on the overall packaging material cost which can act as a market restraint
Segmentation: Global Molded Pulp Packaging Market
By Molded Type
- Thick Wall
- Wood Pulp
- Non-Wood Pulp
By Product Type
By End Use
- Foodservice Disposables
- Food Packaging
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, Cascades inc. announced that they had acquired the assets associated with the production moulded pulp packaging solutions in the United States region for USD 37.4 million. This acquisition will help in significant improvements of Cascades inc.’s production capacity for sustainable packaging products. The facilities acquired under this transaction are situated in Indiana and Iowa in United States belonging to Urban Forest Products and Clarion Packaging respectively
- In August 2018, Sealed Air announced that they had acquired AFP, Inc., which will be integrated with Sealed Air’s “Product Care” business division. The combined technologies of the companies will provide significant growth opportunities for the company while providing unique levels of product offerings to their customers with the utmost production efficiency and wide range of solutions
Global molded pulp packaging market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of molded pulp packaging market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global molded pulp packaging market are Brødrene Hartmann A/S; Huhtamaki; UFP Technologies, Inc.; Thermoform Engineered Quality LLC; Eco-Products, Inc.; Pro-Pac Packaging Group Pty Ltd; AmerCareRoyal; Fabri-Kal; Henry Molded Products Inc.; EnviroPAK; Pacific Pulp Molding, Inc.; Cascades inc.; Sabert Corporation; ProtoPak Engineering Corporation; CELLULOSES DE LA LOIRE; Atlantic Pulp; Sealed Air; TRIDAS; KEIDING INC.; Unified Packaging Solutions Pvt. Ltd.; FiberCel; Sustainable Packaging Industries; Berkley among others.
Research Methodology: Global Molded Pulp Packaging Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete market analysis and forecasting
- Market definition, understanding the concept of molded pulp packaging
- Market drivers and restraints of the industry
- Market segmentations and market share divided amongst them
- Key players in the market and their analysis