Global Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) Inhibitor Drugs Market By Types (MAO-A Inhibitor, MAO-B Inhibitor), Drugs (Isocarboxazid, Phenelzine, Tranylcypromine, Others), Disorder Type (Parkinson’s Disease, Depression, Anxiety, Others), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) Inhibitor Drugs Market
Global monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor drugs market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2020-2027. The report contains data of the base year 2019 and historic year 2018. Untapped emerging economies and competitive scenario of market and strategic collaborations are factors contributing positively towards the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) Inhibitor Drugs Market
Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) Inhibitors are the drugs that are used for treatment of depression. It works by prevention of breakdown of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine in CNS and maintains their availability. These inhibitors possess huge risk of distributing other neurotransmitters in the brain and digestive system causing side effects. The major side effects of MAO inhibitors are high blood pressure, insomnia and weight gain.
The administration of MAO inhibitor drugs has been decreased in several years. During the year 1997 to 2006, the incidence rate of MAO inhibitors prescriptions has fallen from 3.1 per 100,000 to 1.4 per 100,000.
- Increasing patient pool of depression disorders worldwide acts as a driving factor for this market growth
- Increasing government initiatives to spread awareness about the mental health among people will also boost the market growth in the forecast period
- Rising geriatric population that are highly prone to have mental health issues will expand the market size
- Surge of development of novel drugs and techniques with fewer side-effects will drive the market growth
- Side effects associated with MAO inhibitor are expected to restrain the market growth
- Poor efficacy and safety profiles of the drug hampers the market growth
- Increase in patent expiration of antidepressant drugs is weakening the pipeline; this factor will also restrict the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) Inhibitor Drugs Market
- MAO-A Inhibitor
- MAO-B Inhibitor
By Disorder Type
- Parkinson’s Disease
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2017, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited submitted a New Drug Application to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in Japan for rasagiline mesylate (TVP-1012), a selective irreversible monoamine oxidase type-B (MAO-B) inhibitor used for treatment for patients with Parkinson’s disease. Rasagiline mesylate is already developed by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and approved in the United States and Europe. If approved, it will enhance the product availability and helps patient through cost-effective treatment throughout Japan
- In June 2017, Mylan N.V. launched Rasagiline which is generic version of Azilect for the treatment of Parkinson's disease in the United States. The launch of rasagiline, provides the cost-effective treatment to the patients suffering from the Parkinson’s disease in the United States as well as broadens the company’s generic portfolio in the therapeutic area of CNS.
Global monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor drugs market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor drugs market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor drugs market are Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Mylan N.V., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Merck & Co., Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Bausch Health, Eli Lilly and Company, Orchid Chemicals & Pharamaceuticals Ltd., Validus Pharmaceuticals LLC, INDOCO REMEDIES LTD., Teikoku Pharma USA, Inc., H. Lundbeck A/S, Alliance Pharma PLC, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Gedeon Richter Plc., Luye Pharma Group, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, CeNeRx BioPharma, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) Inhibitor Drugs Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor drugs market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players