Global NGS Services Market By Type (Targeted Sequencing/Gene Panels, RNA-Seq, De Novo Sequencing, Exome Sequencing, CHiP-Seq, Whole-genome Sequencing, Methyl-Seq, Other Services), Technology (Sequencing by Synthesis, Ion Semiconductor Sequencing, Single-Molecule Real-time Sequencing, Nanopore Sequencing), Application (Diagnostics, Drug Discovery, Biomarker Discovery, Microbial Genetics, Agriculture, and Animal Research, Other Applications), End User (Academic & Government Institutes and Research Centers, Hospitals & Clinics, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Other End Users), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global NGS Services Market
Global NGS services market is registering a healthy CAGR of 21.50% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the low cost of sequencing and due to the advancement in NSG technologies. NGS services across various end users are increasing due to these factors.
Market Definition: Global NGS Services Market
NGS means next-generation sequencing; it is also known as massively parallel sequencing technology. NGS enables researchers to perform a wide variety of applications such as scalability, speed and ultra-high throughput and study biological systems at a level never before possible. NGS allows researchers to rapidly sequence whole genomes.
- High accuracy & speed, low cost and precise results are driving this market
- Reducing the price of sequencing is helping the growth of the market
- Adoption of NGS by academic institutes and research laboratories are also driving the growth of the market
- Technological advancement in NGS technologies is fueling the market growth
- Installation in hospitals and universities of in-house sequencing facilities hinders the growth of the market
- Surging ethical issues related to this field is expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global NGS Services Market
- Targeted Sequencing/Gene Panels
- De Novo Sequencing
- Exome Sequencing
- Whole-genome Sequencing
- Other Services
- Sequencing by Synthesis (SBS)
- Ion Semiconductor Sequencing
- Single-Molecule Real-time (SMRT) Sequencing
- Nanopore Sequencing
- Reproductive Health
- Infectious Diseases
- Rare Genetic Disorders
- Drug Discovery
- Biomarker Discovery
- Microbial Genetics, Agriculture, and Animal Research
- Other Applications (Marine Research, Research in Biofuels, Forensic Medicine, Food Safety, and Phylogeographic & Phylogenetic Studies)
By End User
- Academic & Government Institutes and Research Centers
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Other End Users (NPOs, Agrigenomics Organizations, and Consumer Genomic Companies)
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, Biodesix, Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific have entered into an agreement to provide next-generation sequencing assay for blood-based companion diagnostic solutions in cancer. It is yet to be approved by Food and Drug Administration U.S. This agreement will help cancer patient by focusing on NGS-based solution
- In June 2019, Agendia declares the open access study validating use of MammaPrint and BluePrint molecular diagnostics using next-generation sequencing technology for targeted RNA. This will help to understand the complexities of early stage breast cancer and treatment strategies
Global NGS services market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of NGS services market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global NGS services market are Illumina, Inc., BGI, Eurofins Scientific, PerkinElmer Inc., Macrogen Inc., DNA Link, Inc., Genotypic Technology Pvt Ltd, WuXi AppTec, GENEWIZ, Takara Bio Inc., SciGenom Labs Pvt. Ltd, Theragen Etex Co., Ltd., LGC Biosearch Technologies, Oxford Gene Technology, Sysmex Inostics, Zymo Research, Source BioScience, Novogene Corporation among others.
Research Methodology: Global NGS Services Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global NGS services market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)