Global Non-Thermal Processing Market, By Technology (High Pressure Processing (HPP), Pulsed Electric Field (PEF), Irradiation, Ultrasonic, Cold Plasma and Others) By Food Product (Meat & Seafood, Fruits & Vegetables, Beverages Others), By Function (Quality Assurance, Microbial Inactivation, Cutting, Emulsification & Homogenization, Cleaning and Others)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Non-Thermal Processing Market
The Global Non-Thermal Processing Market is expected to reach USD 1611.68 billion by 2025, from USD 826.88 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015 & 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Non-Thermal Processing Market
A pulsed electric field is a high intensity of electricity passing through variable electric field in which the food is stored. It is the predominant non-thermal process used for acid-based fluids, or fruit juices. This process is combined with mild heating which improves the efficiency of microbial inactivation and prolongs the shelf life of foods. Microbial inactivation is a function where non thermal processing is extensively used for food preservation. This process notably assists in extending the shelf life of food products for a considerable amount of time. Irradiation is an effective non-thermal technology used for microbial inactivation. In this process, food products undergo high frequency radiation treatment that leads to the disintegration of the cells of microorganisms. The application of non-thermal processing technology (NTP) is constantly increasing in the food industry at a rapid rate. The lack of heat in this technology offer several benefits such as the sensory and nutritional attributes of the product remaining unaffected, which helps in yielding products which are of better quality when compared to traditional processing methods.
The frozen food market is considered to be one of the leading and most dynamic sectors in the food industry. According to an article published by FOA, the market share for the frozen food sector was USD 75 billion in the year 2001 for U.S. and Europe region. The major players in the non-thermal processing market are making numerous developments such as launch of new products, opening new research and development centres, and new plants. This is significantly contributing to the growth of the non-thermal process market. Many of the top firms have been involved with export markets and have also built brand recognition in the overseas markets. Moreover, the need for retention of nutrients and sensory attributes in food has prompted the non-thermal processing market. Extensive R&D activities have been undertaken to optimize the process and make it compatible for usage in various food applications.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Trend of novel technologies over conventional ones
- Retention of nutrients and sensory attributes of food
- Energy saving “green technology
- HPP technology speeds up packaged food processing to meet growing demand
- Misconceptions leading to regulatory compliance for labelling irradiated food
- High capital investment
Market Segmentation: Global Non-Thermal Processing Market
- The global non-thermal processing market is segmented based on high pressure processing (HPP), pulsed electric field (PEF), irradiation, ultrasonic, cold plasma and others. The high pressure processing (HPP) is further sub segmented into by orientation type, by vessel volume, by end user. Ultrasonic segment is further sub segmented into frequency range.
- Based on food product, the global non-thermal processing market is segmented into meat & seafood, fruits & vegetables, beverages and others.
- On the basis of temperature type, the global non-thermal processing market is classified into chilled and frozen.
- On the basis of function, the global non-thermal processing market is classified into quality assurance, microbial inactivation, cutting, emulsification & homogenization, cleaning and others. The microbial inactivation is further sub segmented into compression through high pressure, high intensity pulsed electric fields, irradiation, acoustic cavitation and other techniques.
- Based on geography, the global non-thermal processing market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Non-Thermal Processing Market
The global non-thermal processing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of non-thermal processing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Non-Thermal Processing Market
Some of the major players operating in the global non-thermal processing market are – Bosch, Emerson, Bühler, Hiperbaric España, Avure Technologies, Chic Freshertech, Elea Technology, Pulsemaster, Nordion, Gray*Star, Dukane, Symbios Technologies, CHIC Foods Co. Ltd., Avure Technologies, Hiperbaric, Hormel Foods Corporation, Hain Celestial Group and American Pasteurization Company and many more.
Research Methodology: Global Non-Thermal Processing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others