Market Analysis: Global Olefins Market
Global Olefins Market is expected to grow with a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018, and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the adoption of innovative production methods and advancements in technologies.
Market Definition: Global Olefins Market
Olefins are chemical compounds that are used as a manufacturing component for various other chemical components. The productions of these compounds are based on the crude oil, naphtha or natural gases. These consist of hydrogen and carbon atoms in the molecular structure are used widely in the production of plastic products.
- Growth in demand from the plastics industry for PAO-based plastic products; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Increasing innovations and advancements in the production methods resulting in enhanced efficiency of production process and enhanced product offering; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Vulnerable and fluctuating prices of raw materials for the manufacturing of olefins are expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Olefins Market
- By Type
- By Applications
- Olefin Glycols
- Olefin Oxides
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V. announced that they had completed the acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc. This acquisition will help LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V. significantly increase the production capacity of olefins and expand the product offerings for both the organizations.
- In July 2017, NOVA Chemicals Corporation announced that they had completed the acquisition of William Partners LP’s share in the olefins plant situated in Louisiana, United States as well as the share in Ethylene Trading Hub situated in Texas, United States. This acquisition will help the company in entering and providing solutions to the American region.
Global olefins market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of olefins market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Exxon Mobil Corporation; INEOS AG; Royal Dutch Shell; National Petrochemical Company; China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation; SABIC; DowDuPont; Total; NOVA Chemicals Corporation; Chevron Phillips Chemical Company; LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.; Sasol; Evonik Industries AG; Qatar Chemical Company Ltd; PJSC "Nizhnekamskneftekhim"; Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation; Idemitsu Kosan Co.,Ltd.; Petro Rabigh; Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.; Jam Petrochemical Company; TPC Group; Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. are few of the major competitors currently present in the market.
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved