Global Osteonecrosis Treatment Market By Therapy (Stem Cell Therapy, Joint Replacement Therapy), Treatment (Medication, Surgery), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Direct, Online Pharmacy, Retailers and Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Osteonecrosis Treatment Market
Osteonecrosis treatment market is growing at a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2020-2027. The report contains data of the base year 2019 and the historic year 2018. This rise in market value can be attributed to the presence of refined healthcare infrastructure and emerging new markets.
Market Outlook: Global Osteonecrosis Treatment Market
Osteonecrosis is also known as avascular necrosis, is a disease which is characterized by the death of bone tissue due to the absence of blood supply in the bone joints. New bone is always replaced by old bone in people with healthy bones but in this condition the lack of blood causes the bone to break down faster than the body can make enough new bone. In the early stages of osteonecrosis, people generally have no symptoms but as the condition worsens, the affected joint might hurt only when weight put on it.
According to National Organization for Rare Disorder (NORD), Osteonecrosis affects people between 30 and 50 years of age. In the United States about 10,000 to 20,000 people develop osteonecrosis every year. Osteonecrosis affects both men and women and affects people of all ages. It is most common among people in their thirties and forties.
- Increasing incidence of osteonecrosis worldwide is driving the market growth
- Huge demand for non-invasive treatment and dependence on surgery to cure osteonecrosis is boosting the market growth in the forecast period
- Rising awareness regarding non-invasive method of osteonecrosis treatment is accelerating the market growth
- Increase in research and development activities to launch an better treatment for osteonecrosis by leading players can act as a market driver
- Growing government support for research and development is driving the market growth
- High cost of available treatments is hindering the market
- Availability of alternative methods for treatment of osteonecrosis is hampering the market growth
- Adverse side effects associated with osteonecrosis treatment is hampering the market growth
- Lack of skilled professionals in this field is restraining the market growth
Global Osteonecrosis Treatment Market Scope and Market Size:
Osteonecrosis treatment market is segmented on the basis of therapy, treatment, route of administration, distribution channel and end user. The growth among these specific segments will help users analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and difference in your target markets.
On the basis of therapy, the osteonecrosis treatment market is segmented as stem cell therapy, joint replacement therapy
On the basis of treatment, the osteonecrosis treatment market is segmented as medication and surgery. The medication segment is further segmented into naproxen sodium, alendronate, warfarin and others. The surgery segment is also segmented into core decompression, osteotomy, bone graft and others
On the basis of route of administration, the osteonecrosis treatment market is segmented into oral and parenteral
On the basis of distribution channel, the osteonecrosis treatment market is segmented as direct, online pharmacy, retailers and others
On the basis of end-users, the osteonecrosis treatment market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics and others
Global Osteonecrosis Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The countries covered in the market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Hungary, Lithuania, Austria, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Rest of Europe in Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific in Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Israel, Egypt, Kuwait, Rest of Middle East and Africa as a part of Middle East and Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Peru and Rest of South America as part of South America.
Key Development in the Market
- In May 2019, Vericel Corporation is developing a biological Ixmyelocel-T for the treatment of patients with osteonecrosis of the femoral head. If trial successful this biological will provide the potential treatment for the patients with osteonecrosis and help in improving their life.
Osteonecrosis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of osteonecrosis treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Players:
The major market players in the osteonecrosis treatment market are Merck & Co. Inc, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Atnahs, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Mylan N.V, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Enzo Biochem Inc, Bone Therapeutics SA, Amgen Inc, Zimmer Biomet, Vericel Corporation, Micromedic Technologies Ltd, Medacta International, Exactech, Inc among others.
Research Methodology: Global Osteonecrosis Treatment Market:
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global osteonecrosis treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.