Global Osteoporosis Drug Market By Type (Primary Osteoporosis and Secondary Osteoporosis), Therapy Type (Hormone replacement therapy and Bisphosphonate therapy), Treatment Type (Medication and Surgery), Mechanism of Action Type (Bisphosphonates, Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators and Bone Resorption Inhibitors), Route of Administration Type (Oral, Intravenous, Subcutaneous), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Osteoporosis Drug Market
Global osteoporosis drug market is rising gradually registering a substantial CAGR of 5.5% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. The emergence of drugs used in the treatment of celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, hyperthyroidism, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and bone marrow cancer, growing aging population of menopause women and robust pipeline for the treatment are the key drivers for market growth.
Market Definition: Global Osteoporosis Drug Market
Osteoporosis is rheumatology disorder characterized by low bone mass and deterioration of bone tissue, bones becomes fragile and likely to break and develops slowly over a steadily over a several years. The patients with osteoporosis experience the back pain, stooped posture, bone fracture and tooth loss.
According to the Statistics published in International Osteoporosis Foundation, it was estimated that the total population of Osteoporosis in patients aged 50 years or older in European Union were 20.00 million and it was projected to 33.9 million to be diagnosed with osteoporosis by the year 2025. Growing incidence of osteoporosis, accelerating demand of novel therapies and treatment are the key drivers for market growth
- Increases prevalence of osteoporosis worldwide
- Vulnerable aging population of menopause women
- Emergence of drugs used in the treatment of celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, hyperthyroidism, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and bone marrow cancer
- Accelerates demand of novel therapies and newer development
- Strategic collaboration and licensing deal between the companies
- Rising awareness about treatment and technological advancement is driving the growth of market
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable.
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs of branded version is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Inadequate knowledge about osteoporosis in some developing countries
Segmentation: Global Osteoporosis Drug Market
- Primary Osteoporosis
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Senile Osteoporosis
- Idiopathic Osteoporosis
- Secondary Osteoporosis
By Therapy Type
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Testosterone replacement therapy
- Estrogen therapy
- Bisphosphonate therapy
By Treatment Type
- Calcium and Vitamin D supplements
By Mechanism of Action Type
- Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs)
- Bone Resorption Inhibitors
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, Amgen in collaboration with UCB SA received the US FDA approval for Evenity (romosozumab-aqqg), sclerostin inhibitor for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women with high risk of bone fracture. The FDA approval of Evenity represents the significant treatment options for patients suffering from osteoporosis.
- In January 2019, UCB SA in collaboration with Amgen received the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare approval for Evenity (romosozumab-aqqg), sclerostin inhibitor for the treatment of osteoporosis in patients with high risk of bone fracture. The regulatory approval for Evenity in Japan is conducted by Amgen Astellas BioPharma K.K., a joint venture between Amgen and Astellas Pharma Inc. With this approval of Evenity expanded the company’s rheumatology portfolio.
Global osteoporosis drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Osteoporosis Drug market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global osteoporosis drug market are Allergan, Amgen Inc, Astellas Pharma Inc, AstraZeneca, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited, Eli Lilly and Company, Teijin Pharma Limited, Stelis Biopharma, Radius Health, Inc, Pfizer Inc, Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Novartis AG, Mochida Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Mereo BioPharma Group plc, Merck & Co., Inc, Gedeon Richter (UK) Ltd, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Novo Nordisk A/S, Cipla Inc, UCB SA, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd and among others.
Research Methodology: Global Osteoporosis Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global osteoporosis drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players