Global Paper Diagnostics Market By Product (Lateral Flow Assays, Dipsticks, Paper-Based Microfluidics), Device Type (Diagnostic Devices, Monitoring Devices), Application (Clinical Diagnostics, Food Quality Testing, Environmental Monitoring), End-Use (Home Healthcare, Assisted Living Healthcare Facilities, Hospital & Clinics), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Paper Diagnostics Market
Global paper diagnostics market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 11.91 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growth in prevalence of chronic diseases and a growth in the levels of innovations in products.
Market Definition: Global Paper Diagnostics Market
Paper diagnostics are a category of diagnostic tests based on pH testing method utilized in detection of various infectious diseases, environmental and food quality tests. These tests involve the usage of medical devices created with papers and cellulosic substances as the base to provide chemical/molecule testing. These devices provide a cheaper and more efficient alternative to the other diagnostic methods as it provides accurate, point-of-care testing in minimal costs.
- Increasing adoption and preference of POCT and in-vitro diagnostic methods; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growing levels of pollution in environments resulting in greater concerns regarding detection of pollutants; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Benefits associated with this diagnostic method due to their low costs and effectiveness in circumstances when resources are inadequate; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Lack of applications in large quantities is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Inadequate knowledge and standards regarding the usage of these devices along with their appropriate applications; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Paper Diagnostics Market
- Lateral Flow Assays
- Paper-Based Microfluidics
By Device Type
- Diagnostic Devices
- Monitoring Devices
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Infectious Diseases
- Liver Disorders
- Food Quality Testing
- Environmental Monitoring
- Home Healthcare
- Assisted Living Healthcare Facilities
- Hospital & Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2019, MedLife announced that they had acquired Medlabz, helping MedLife provide diagnostic products and services to their consumers. This acquisition will also help in providing better technological offering due to their expertise in that particular field
- In December 2017, PerkinElmer Inc. announced that they had completed the acquisition of EUROIMMUN Medical Laboratory Diagnostics AG which was announced in June 2017. This acquisition will further enable them in providing specialized clinical diagnostic services especially for autoimmune and allergies in an expanded geographical location
Global paper diagnostics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of paper diagnostics market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global paper diagnostics market are ARKRAY, Inc.; ACON Laboratories, Inc.; Abbott; Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; GVS S.p.A.; Siemens Healthcare GmbH; Diagnostics for All, Inc.; FFEI; Navigene; Micro Essential Laboratory Inc; MedLife; Kenosha Tapes; Abcam plc; Abingdon Health; ACON Laboratories, Inc.; Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc.; Cytodiagnostics Inc.; DCN Diagnostics; NanoHybrids; Merck KGaA; Surmodics, Inc., Expedeon Ltd. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Paper Diagnostics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global paper diagnostics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)