Global Pea Starch Market, By Grade (Food, Feed, Industrial), Application (Food & Beverages, Feed, Pet Food, Industrial), Function (Binding & Thickening, Gelling, Texturizing, Film Forming, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Pea Starch Market
With increasing application of pea starch in a number of industries with adoption of it in production of ethanol, and increased production of pea; global pea starch market is set to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 90.02 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 169.10 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 8.20%.
Market Definition: Global Pea Starch Market
Pea starch is the white powder which is neutral in taste as well as in colour. Pea starch is used as thickening agents or as a substitute for gelatine, as it is a rich source of amylose. It has the capability of higher gelatinization temperature, formation of gel quickly. These traits impact the applications of pea starch positively and are demanded from a number of food products manufacturers.
- Integrated application and adoption of pea starch in the production of ethanol is expected to drive the market growth
- Increased demand of pea starch from a number of applicable industries and increased production of pea is also expected to drive the market growth
- Retrogradation effects impacting the properties and characteristics of pea starch is expected to restrain the market growth
- Varied regulations and standards pertaining to the different authorities of the regions is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Pea Starch Market
- By Grade
- By Application
- Food & Beverages
- Dairy Products
- Bakery Products
- Confectionary Products
- Meat & Poultry Products
- Soups & Sauces
- Snacks & Savouries
- Pet Food
- Mining & Bioplastics
- Food & Beverages
- By Function
- Binding & Thickening
- Film Forming
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2017, Roquette Frères announced that construction had been initiated for the pea-protein manufacturing plant in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, Canada. The manufacturing plant is aimed at expanding the production capacity to meet the increasing worldwide demand for pea starch.
- In June 2018, COSUCRA announced the launch of its new spray dryer and production line for pea protein and starch, expanding the processing and production capabilities of the company significantly.
Competitive Analysis: Global Pea Starch Market
Global pea starch market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of pea starch market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Pea Starch Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the pea starch market are Emsland Group, Roquette Frères, Vestkorn Milling AS, COSUCRA, Meelunie B.V., Parrish and Heimbecker Limited, Puris, Axiom Foods Inc., The Scoular Company, Shandong Jianyuan Group, AGT Food and Ingredients, Dakota Dry Bean, Sanstar Bio - Polymers Ltd., American Key Food Products, Parrheim Foods, Euroduna International GmbH, AM Nutrition, SMS Corporation, and Cargill Incorporated.
Research Methodology: Global Pea Starch Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of Market Segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market Drivers and Restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure