Global Personalized 3D Printed Orthopedic Implants Market By Material (Plastics, Biomaterial Inks, Metals & Alloys), Technology (SLA, SLS, DLP, FDM, EBM, PolyJet/InkJet 3D Printing), End-User (Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Organizations, Academic Institutions), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Personalized 3D Printed Orthopedic Implants Market
Global personalized 3D printed orthopedic implants market is expected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growth in the adoption of customized 3D printed implants which has been caused by a rise of patients suffering from osteoarthritis, along with a rise in the levels of investments conducted by various major organizations globally.
Market Definition: Global Personalized 3D Printed Orthopedic Implants Market
Personalized 3D printed orthopedic implants are medical devices/implants which are manufactured with the help of 3D printers, this method is also known as additive manufacturing. The implants are manufactured through the help of scans provided by MRI and CT machines. These scans conducted on the patients provide precise accurate measurements helping the implants to be fitted in the patient with greater efficiency and effectiveness in the surgical procedure.
- Rising levels of chronic diseases globally is one of the major factors driving the growth of the market
- Reduced costs associated with the surgeries when these implants are utilized as they are custom-designed according to the patient’s needs; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Presence of strict regulations regarding the designing of implants and the need for complying to these regulations is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Complications in usage of innovative materials and difficulties in getting the implants approved that are manufactured using these materials; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Personalized 3D Printed Orthopedic Implants Market
- Biomaterial Inks
- Metals & Alloys
- Stereolithography (SLA) – Liquid Based 3D Printing
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) – Powder Based 3D Printing
- Digital Light Processing (DLP)
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) – Plastic Filament Extrusion Based Technology
- Electronic Beam Melting (EBM)
- PolyJet/InkJet 3D Printing
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Organizations
- Academic Institutions
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. announced through their subsidiary that they had acquired Emerging Implant Technologies (EIT). This acquisition will further expand the DePuy Synthes interbody implant product offerings and provide areas for innovations and growth strategy.
- In August 2018, OSSEUS announced that they had received US FDA 510(k) clearance for their 3D printed lumbar interbody fusion devices, branded as “Aries”. The implant is few available that are highly advanced and effective for spinal disorders such as “lateral (LLIF)”, “anterior (ALIF)”, “straight” and “curved transforaminal (TLIF)” along with its applications in “oblique (OLIF) procedures” using the Kambin’s Triangle method. The implant is constructed from porous titanium material which is optimized using OSSEUS’ “PL3XUS” 3D printing technology.
Competitive Analysis: Global Personalized 3D Printed Orthopedic Implants Market
Global personalized 3D printed orthopedic implants market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of personalized 3D printed orthopedic implants market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Personalized 3D Printed Orthopedic Implants Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global personalized 3D printed orthopedic implants market are EnvisionTEC; Cyfuse Biomedical K.K.; EOS; 3D Systems, Inc.; Stratasys Ltd.; FabRx Ltd; Arcam; Formlabs; SLM Solutions; Organovo Holdings Inc.; Oxford Performance Materials; Materialise; Xilloc Medical B.V.; Renishaw plc; OSSEUS; Present. Onshape Inc.; Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.; Optomec, Inc.; GENERAL ELECTRIC; Stryker and AUTODESK, INC.
Research Methodology: Global Personalized 3D Printed Orthopedic Implants Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global personalized 3D printed orthopedic implants market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)