Global Polyethylene (PE) Foams Market By Type (XLPE Foam, Non XLPE Foam), Distribution Channel (B2B, B2C, Online retailing), Application (Packaging, Cushioning, Laminating, Others), End-User (Protective Packaging, Automotive, Building & Construction, Medical, Foot Wear), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Polyethylene (PE) Foams Market
Global polyethylene (PE) foams market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 4.66 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the rising demand of polyethylene (PE) foams for various applications like automotive, packaging, building and construction, & sports and also, its high demand from the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow the demand for PE foams.
Market Definition: Global Polyethylene (PE) Foams Market
Polyethylene (PE) foams, a polymerization of ethylene, come in a closed-cell along with a light weighted, recyclable and durable material. They are fabricated easily and possesses high load bearing characteristics, due to which they are preferred for packaging among various industries. The application of polyethylene foams can be seen in industries like medical, sports and recreational, footwear, automotive, building and construction, protective packaging and others.
- Energy sustainable and energy conservative material is driving the PE foams market in the forecast period
- Sports and recreational, building and construction, automotive and packaging applications are expected to drive the market
- High demand of PE foams from Asia-Pacific region will also propel the market
- High investments made in the research and development of PU foams, will also drive the market
- Volatility in the prices of raw materials will hamper the growth of the market in near future
- Toxic properties of PE foams, causing harm to the human health; this factor can also restrain the market
Global Polyethylene (PE) Foams Market Segmentation:
- XLPE Foam
- Non XLPE Foam
By Distribution Channel
- Online retailing
- Protective Packaging
- Food Trays
- Cap Liners
- Fruit Trays
- Electric Products
- Heat-Resistant Packaging
- Fish Containers
- Child Seat
- Tool Boxes
- Shock Absorber
- Under Carpet
- Side Impact
- Building & Construction
- Foot Wear
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2017, Armacell, a manufacturer of engineered foams and a leader in flexible foam, has acquired the Insulation Business of Nomaco, who is a leading provider of products related to PE insulation foams. The acquisition helped the company to strengthen their regional distribution network and domestic production capacity. With this, the company expanded their product portfolio in North American region.
- In November 2016, Sealed Air Corporation has launched StealthWrap which is an ultra-durable cartooning solution. The product provides protection and security by eliminating the need for extra shipping packing and cartoning materials. Such launches will help the company to penetrate more in this market.
Global polyethylene (PE) foams market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of polyethylene (PE) foams market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the polyethylene (PE) foams market are JSP, Armacell, The DOW Chemical Company, Zotefoams PLC, BASF SE, Sealed Air, INOAC CORPORATION, Wisconsin Foam Products, Trecolan GmbH, Pro-Tac Industries Inc., Thermotec, PAR Group, Dafa, Pregis Corporation, Mitsui Chemicals Inc., Rhira Industries LLC, SANWA KAKO CO.,LTD MEDICAL, Rogers Foam Corporation and FoamPartner among others.
Research Methodology: Global Polyethylene (PE) Foams Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved