Global Polyethylene Wax Market By Type (Polymerization Type, Modified Type, Thermally Cracking Type, Others), Form (Powder, Granules, Flakes, Pastilles, Micronized Waxes, Aqueous Wax Emulsions), Raw Material (Ethylene, Low-Density Polyethylene, Polypropylene), Grade (Emulsifiable, Non-Emulsifiable), Production Process (High-Pressure Polymerization, Synthesis by the Ziegler-Natta Method, Thermal Degradation Process of Polyethylene, Oxidation of Synthetic Waxes, Walter-Reppe Synthesis, Metallocene Process, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Polyethylene wax which is formulated with the help of distillation process helps in enhancing the properties of the product and also in producing different grades of it. It provides low viscosity, excellent compatibility with other waxes, high melting and softening point and high hardness level, makes it a much better wax as compared to others. The major application of PE wax is in the plastic industry. Additionally, the wax is also used with other waxes and petroleum. The PE wax is accessible in different forms such as powder, granules, flakes, pastilles and others. Major factor driving the growth of this market is increased usage of polyethylene wax in packaging.
Global polyethylene wax market is expected to register a steady CAGR of 4.8% in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
Segmentation: Global Polyethylene Wax Market
Global polyethylene wax market is segmented into five notable segments which are type, form, raw material, grade and production process.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into polymerization type, modified type, thermally cracking type, others.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder, granules, flakes, pastilles, micronized waxes, aqueous wax emulsions.
- On the basis of raw material, the market is segmented polypropylene, ethylene, low-density polyethylene.
- On the basis of grade, the market is segmented into emulsifiable, non-emulsifiable.
- On the basis of production process, the market is segmented into high-pressure polymerization, synthesis by the ziegler-natta method, thermal degradation process of polyethylene, oxidation of synthetic waxes, walter-reppe synthesis, metallocene process, others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Polyethylene Wax Market
The key market players for global polyethylene wax market are BASF SE, SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd., Honeywell International, Inc, Clariant, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., Innospec, The Lubrizol Corporation, Baker Hughes, a GE company LLC, Westlake Chemical Corporation, ceronas GmbH & Co. KG, COSCHEMCO.,LTD, DEUREX AG, euroceras Sp. z o.o., Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A., Linvest GmbH, Lion Chemtech Co., Ltd., Qingdao Bouni Chemical Co., Ltd, SQI Group, TRECORA RESOURCES, The International Group, Inc. and WIWAX.
- In September 2019, Honeywell International Inc. started using UOP's C3 Oleflex technology for producing 450,000 metric tons per year of polymer-grade propylene in a new petrochemicals complex in China. This technology will help the company to expand its business in China and to meet the requirement for propylene.
- In March 2019, WIWAX launched a range of innovative micronized waxes depending on the low molecular weight. This launch will help to act in a very fast manner and provide earlier lubrication. It will also assist the company to increase their product portfolio and the customer base.
- In June 2016, DEUREX AG led to the foundation of an alternative for the amide waxes namely Vegetable ABS Wax produced from the sugar cane and had a wide application area in ink printings, coatings, plastics, hot melts and synthetic rubbers & fibers.
Research Methodology: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Distributors, Industrial Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.