Global Cosmetics Market, By Product Type (Skin Care, Hair Care, Make Up, Fragrances, and Others), Nature (Inorganic, Organic), Category (Mass Product, Premium Product, and Professional Product), Packaging Type (Bottles and Jars, Tubes, Containers, Pumps & Dispensers, Sticks, Aerosol Cans, Pouches, Blisters, and Strip Packs), Distribution Channel (Offline, Online), Application (Women, Men), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, Turkey, Rest of Europe, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: Global Cosmetics Market
Global cosmetics market is expected to gain significant growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the market is growing with the CAGR of 5.8% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 377,243.22 million by 2029.
Cosmetics are used to enhance the beauty and physical appearance of a personage. Chiefly, these cosmetic products are manufactured from artificial sources. The purpose of cosmetic products is mainly intended for external cleaning, perfumes, changing appearances, correct body odor, protect skin, and conditioning among others. Ranging from antiperspirants, fragrances, make-up, and shampoos, to soaps, sunscreens, and toothpastes, cosmetics and personal care products play an essential role in in all stages of a consumer’s life.
Major factors driving the growth of the global cosmetics market are rising awareness regarding skin care routine, innovative product branding and advertising strategies. Increasing developments in sustainable cosmetics are creating opportunities for the growth of the market. However, growing awareness regarding side effects of synthetic chemicals is acting as a major restraint for the market growth. Increasing movement across consumers for transparency and traceability of ingredients used in products are acting as a major challenge for the growth of the market.
This global cosmetics market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic, and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Global Cosmetics Market Scope and Market Size
Global cosmetics market is segmented on the basis of product type, nature, category, packaging type, distribution channel and application. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the global cosmetics market is segmented into skin care, hair care, fragrances, make up, and others. In 2022, skin care segment is expected to dominate the market as the consumers are becoming more concerned for their healthy skin. Social media has also played an important role in advertising of skincare brands.
- On the basis of nature, the global cosmetics market is segmented into organic and inorganic. In 2022, inorganic segment is expected to dominate the market as these products are highly affective. Hair colors, anti-acne creams, anti-wrinkle creams, and various other products are manufactured with inorganic ingredients to enhance their outcome.
- On the basis of category, the global cosmetics market is segmented into mass product, premium product, and professional product. In 2022, mass product segment is expected to dominate the market due to presence of wide a product range, distribution network, and affordable prices. The cosmetic products are being manufactured in mass due to increasing demand in the market.
- On the basis of packaging type, the global cosmetics market is segmented into bottles and jars, tubes, containers, pouches, sticks, pumps & dispensers, blisters and strip packs, and aerosol cans. In 2022, bottles and jars segment is expected to dominate the market as large portion of products are usually packaged in either a jar or bottle. Jars are good for products that may not pour well or that a customer may not want to buy in large portions, as jars come in a wide array of sizes. Bottles are good for liquid products that consumer want to be dispensed by a certain method (pump, sprayer) and want larger volumes of.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the global cosmetics market is segmented into offline and online. In 2022, offline segment is expected to dominate the market as it is a traditional form of distribution channel focusing on bricks and mortar, with its sales through supermarkets, specialty stores, pharmacies, and salons. The customers can get a wide range of options, suggestions, and samples through these stores that improve their decision making.
- On the basis of application, the global cosmetics market is segmented into women and men. In 2022, women segment is expected to dominate the market as the cosmetic market is highly women centric with a wide range of products available for women.
Global Cosmetics Market Country Level Analysis
Global cosmetics market is analyzed and market size information is provided based on country, product type, nature, category, packaging type, distribution channel, and application.
The countries covered in global cosmetics market report are the U.S., Canada, Mexico in North America, U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, Turkey, Luxembourg, Rest of Europe in Europe, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia & New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific (APAC) in Asia Pacific (APAC), South Africa, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa (MEA) in Middle East and Africa (MEA), Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America in South America.
- In 2022, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market due to the diversity and dynamic market range with huge demands for various products in the region. Moreover, the demand for cosmetics is huge in countries, such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea, due to presence of large number of consumers and presence of top market players.
China accounted for maximum share in the cosmetics market due to increasing demand for skincare products such as face masks and anti-wrinkle creams. The U.S. accounts for second largest market due to presence of a large number of dominating players in the region. Germany has witnessed high growth in cosmetics due to increasing interest of customers for organic products.
The country section of the global cosmetics market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points, such as new sales, replacement sales, and country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export analysis, are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand for Cosmetics to Drive Market Growth
Global cosmetics market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the cosmetics market. The data is available for historic year 2012 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and Cosmetics Market Share Analysis
Cosmetics market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, and technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to the global cosmetics market.
Some of the major players operating in the global cosmetics market are Procter & Gamble, L'Oreal S.A., The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Coty Inc., Shiseido Company, Limited, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Kao Corporation, Beiersdorf Group, Unilever, Amorepacific, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Revlon, Inc., LMVH, Oriflame Cosmetics Global SA, Espa, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Mary Kay, Natura&Co, CHANEL, and KOSÉ Corporation among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In November 2021, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. announced the partnership with Florida A&M University for a new talent and development program to build the next generation of Black beauty leaders in Travel Retail. This development was in line with company’s commitment to Racial Equity. This enabled the company to create an exclusive internship and scholarship program with Florida A&M University.
- In November 2021, Procter & Gamble announced the deal to acquire Indie skin care brand Farmacy Beauty. With this acquisition, the company wishes to double down on skin care products it offers in the market. The company aimed at refreshing the older demographic due to its brand portfolio.