Global Polymerase Chain Reaction Market, By Product Type (Instruments, Reagents and consumables), End User (Clinical Diagnostics, Academic and Research Laboratories, Forensic Laboratories, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Polymerase Chain Reaction Market
Global polymerase chain reaction market is set to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 7610.80 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 13,273.60 million in 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.20% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rising levels of geriatric population and growing prevalence of infectious diseases.
Market Definition: Global Polymerase Chain Reaction Market
Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a very specific technique which is used to copy a specific region of DNA. The major use of PCR is in making several copies of the required target DNA so that it can be used in analysis later. The five core ingredients used in Polymerase chain reaction are DNA nucleotides, primers, DNA template, Taq polymerase, and buffer. Before the introduction of PCR, vectors in bacteria were used to amplify DNA segments. As compared to amplification, PCR is a more efficient and convenient technique.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 5,251 deaths due to the influenza infection were registered in 2015, in U.S. The rising number of infectious diseases can be curbed by development in PCR techniques, thus, augmenting the growth of the market.
- Growing research and development funding in gene therapy is expected to drive the market growth
- Increasing adoption of polymerase chain reaction in various diagnostic and research application is also expected to drive the market growth
- Rise in non-validated home brew test is expected to restrain the market growth.
- Lack of reimbursement policies is also expected to restrain the market growth.
Segmentation: Global Polymerase Chain Reaction Market
- By Product Type
- Real Time PCR
- Digital PCR
- Reagents and consumables
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Academic and Research Laboratories
- Forensic Laboratories
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- March 2018, Akonni Biosystems Inc. and a Chinese in-vitro diagnostics company: Righton signed a commercial agreement, which enables Righton to sell Akonni's TruDiagnosis and TruTip Nucleic Acid Purification Kits in China.
- In January 2018, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Illumina, Inc. signed a commercial agreement. Under the agreement, Thermo Fisher will provide Ion AmpliSeq technology to Illumina for research purpose.
Competitive Analysis: Global Polymerase Chain Reaction Market
Global polymerase chain reaction market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of polymerase chain reaction market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Polymerase Chain Reaction Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the polymerase chain reaction market are Affymetrix, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Sigma Aldrich Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Beckman Coulter, Bio-Rad Laboratories, GE Healthcare, QIAGEN, Becton Dickinson & Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, bioMérieux, S.A., Enzo Life Science, Inc., Danaher Corporation and Thermo Fischer Scientific., Expedeon, LGC Limited,, RainDance Technologies, Inc., Fluidigm, Takara Bio Inc., Hokkaido System Science Co.Ltd., Shimadzu Corportaion, QIAGEN
Research Methodology: Global Polymerase Chain Reaction Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of Global polymerase chain reaction market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)