Global Genetic Disorders Market By Indication (CF, DMD, LSD, PNH), Disease Type (Alzheimer’s Disease, Cancer, Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell Anemia, DMD, Thalassemia, Huntington’s Disease, Rare Diseases, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Genetic Disorders Market
Global genetic disorders market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 13.68% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the focus of various pharmaceutical organizations on development of specialized therapies for treatment of genetic disorders.
Market Definition: Global Genetic Disorders Market
Genetic disorders inherited disorders that are passed onto the next-generation by gene transferring from one generation to the others. These disorders are highly complicated and rare to treat and require specialized treatments/therapeutics for their improvements and reduced prevalence amongst patients. These disorders are generally characterized as life-threating and are progressive in nature with each disease carrying different symptoms. Currently, the pipeline for treatment of these disorders is abundant with a number of therapeutics currently in the late-stage of their trials.
- Prevailing cases of genetic and chronic disease along with the increasing government initiatives in creating awareness regarding the genetic test and diagnosis; acts as a driver for the growth of this market
- Significant volume and strength of pipeline drugs and therapies for genetic disorders; this factor is expected to boost the growth of the market
- Increasing technological advancement and R&D funding is another factor which will surge the market growth
- Increasing prevalence of drugs being approved in the recent years along with various drugs entering their last or late-stage of development; this factor is expected to propel the growth of the market
- Significant prevalence and attrition towards reduction of drugs in clinical trial for genetic disorders; this factor is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- High costs associated with the diagnosis and identification of genetic disorders can restrict the market growth
- Complications related to social and ethical categories with the utilization of genetic testing; this factor is expected to act as a restraint in the market growth
Segmentation: Global Genetic Disorders Market
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
- Lysosomal Storage Disease (LSD)
- Paraoxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH)
By Disease Type
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
- Huntington’s Disease
- Rare Diseases
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated announced that they had expanded their gene editing capabilities for the development of novel therapies in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) and Myotonic Dystotrophy Type 1 (DM1) with the help of an expansion on the existing collaboration with CRISPR Therapeutics along with the acquisition of Exonics Therapeutics
- In August 2018, U.S. FDA announced that they had approved “Galafold (migalastat)”, first approved oral medication for the treatment of “Fabry” disease having a genetic mutation responsive towards treatment with “Galafold”. The U.S. FDA has granted the approval for the drug to Amicus Therapeutics, Inc. having received accelerated approval pathway with the most extreme reactions against the drug being headache, throat & nasal irritation, fever, nausea and urinary tract infection
Global genetic disorders market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of genetic disorders market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global genetic disorders market are Amicus Therapeutics, Inc.; Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Sanofi; Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited; Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Abbott; Amgen Inc.; ELITechGroup; GW Pharmaceuticals plc; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; Pfizer Inc.; PerkinElmer Inc.; AutoGenomics; Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; BioMarin; Sarepta Therapeutics among others.
Research Methodology: Global Genetic Disorders Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global genetic disorders market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)