Market Analysis: Global Polyolefin Foam Market
Global Polyolefin Foam Market is expected to reach USD 7.2 billion by 2025 and growing at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Polyolefin Foam Market
Polyolefin is a type of polymer manufactured from a simple polyolefin through polymerization. The foams of polyolefin are lightweight, environmentally friendly, and versatile. The products are available in the form of rolls and sheets. Polyolefin foam is used in various industries such as packaging, building & construction, furniture & bedding, and automotive. Polyolefin are produced by the polymerization of olefins or alkenes.
The foams are highly resourceful due to continuous R&D effort in the sector. Depending on the performance property requirement the foam used is cross-linked or non-cross-linked. Polyolefin foams can be broadly divided into polyethylene, polypropylene and ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer foams. EVA foams are generally cross-linked and used for variety applications such as footwear, sporting goods, medical applications and other miscellaneous applications. Using the foam products is ecologically beneficial for constructed structures, as they reduce interior noise pollution levels. This characteristic is a primary reason why polyurethane can be used in high-noise environments to maintain optimum sound levels. The polyolefin foam market is highly fragmented. As such, degree of competition is fairly among players. Leading companies are facing stiff competition from regional players based in China and India. As such, companies are focusing on differentiated product development. For instance, in 2016, Toray Industries increased polyolefin foam production capacity with investment of US$ 39 million at its Virginia Plant, U.S. The plant is expected to be operational in 2018. In 2017, SABIC launched LDPE based polyethylene foam. In 2017, Dow Packaging and Specialty Packaging won Ringer Technology Innovation Award for its patented Enhanced Expanded Polyethylene foam. As per the company, the product delivers 20% greater strength than that of standard EPE resin, in 2017, Sekisui Chemical Co. Ltd, established polyolefin foam Production Company for automobile interiors in China.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Improvement in standard of living and rise in per capita income
- Diversified range of applications of these foams. polyolefin foams offer flexibility, cushioning, compression
- Polyolefin foam market is compelled by various macroeconomic factors as well as supply and demand drivers
- Rapidly mounting demand for polymer
Market Segmentation: Global Polyolefin Foam Market
- The global polyolefin foams market is segmented on the basis of type, application and geography.
- Based on type the market is segmented polystyrene foam, phenolic foam, melamine foam, PVC foam, polyurethane foam
- On the basis of application the market is classified into building construction, packaging, automotive, furniture & bedding and other polyolefin foam.
- Based on geography the global polyolefin foams market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others
Competitive Analysis: Global Polyolefin Foam Market
The global polyolefin foams market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global polyolefin foams market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Polyolefin Foam Market
Some of the major players operating in the polyolefin foam market are - SEKISUI CHEMICAL CO.LTD, Palziv , SABIC, Armacell Enterprise GmbH & Co. KG, Johnson Controls (U.S.), Woodbridge Foam Corporation, Lear Corporation, Bridgestone Corporation, BASF, Recticel, Vitafoams, Armacell, The Dow Chemical Company, Rogers, and Saint-Gobain among Others.
Research Methodology: Global Polyolefin Foam Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others