Global Prescription Digital Therapeutics (DTx) Market By Diseases (Type 2 Diabetes Prevention and Management, Substance Abuse, Asthma, Insomnia and Others), Application (Preventative Care and Wellness, Diagnosis, Treatment Decision and Others), Therapies (Medication Augmentation, Medication Replacement and Others), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Prescription Digital Therapeutics (DTx) Market
Global Prescription digital therapeutics (DTx) market is rising gradually with a healthy CAGR of 23.35% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Growing prevalence of cancer worldwide and expanding the application of CRISPR technology by innovative research from the different academic organizations are the key factors for market growth.
Market Definition: Global Prescription Digital Therapeutics (DTx) Market
Prescription digital therapeutics is a novel treatment approach that allows software applications to directly treat serious disease. It is designed in such way that it delivers evidence-based treatment anytime, anywhere and even providing clinicians with real-time data on patient progress.
According to the statistics published in Pear Therapeutics, Inc, One in every three adults are suffering from the symptoms of insomnia which contribute up to 30 million adults are living with chronic insomnia in the United States. This growing incidence of cases globally and increase regulatory approvals are acts as market drivers.
- High prevalence of disease worldwide is driving the growth of this market
- High regulatory approvals for digital therapeutics by regulatory authorities is also acting as a driver for the market growth
- Promising demonstration of clinical outcomes is boosting the market growth
- High demand due to their High cost effectiveness can also act as a market driver
- Unaffordability of digital therapeutics is restricting the growth for the market
- Limited access to novel treatment options for conditions that previously have been untreated or undertreated by traditional medications and therapies which acts as a market restraint
- Lack of healthcare budget in some middle-income countries is also hampering the market growth
Segmentation: Global Prescription Digital Therapeutics (DTx) Market
- Type 2 Diabetes Prevention and Management
- Substance Abuse
- Preventative Care and Wellness
- Treatment Decision
- Medication Augmentation
- Medication Replacement
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, Pear Therapeutics, Inc filed marketing authorization application from the FDA for Somryst, a prescription digital therapeutic (PDT) the treatment of chronic insomnia and depression in adults. If approved, it could become third FDA-authorized PDT indication, representing newer innovation for patients and physicians
- In June 2018, Headspace Inc has launched a company Headspace Health which will focus on the creation of a new prescription meditation application by end of 2020. This creation of the new company is the most significant milestone towards healthcare industries to help for treating a range of chronic diseases
Global prescription digital therapeutics (DTx) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global CRISPR gene-editing market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global prescription digital therapeutics (DTx) market are Better Therapeutics, LLC, BigHealth, Headspace Inc, Kaia Health, Xealth, Solera Network, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, ResMed, Pear Therapeutics, Inc, Omada Health, Inc., WellDoc, Inc, Voluntis, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, 2Morrow Inc, SAMSUNG among others.
Research Methodology : Global Prescription Digital Therapeutics (DTx) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global prescription digital therapeutics (DTx) market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players