Global Protein Supplements Market By Type (Whey Protein, Soy Protein, Casein Protein, MPC, Egg Protein, Pea Protein Others), Form (RTD, Powder, Protein Bar, Others), Source (Plant, Animal), Distribution Channel (Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Drug Stores, Online, Convenience Stores, Health & Nutritionist Stores, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Protein Supplements Market
Global Protein Supplements Market is expected to rise to a projected value of USD 3.93 billion by 2026, from its estimated value of USD 2.46 billion in 2018 growing with a CAGR of 6.05% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to growth in disposable income of individuals.
Market Definition: Global Protein Supplements Market
Protein supplements are a type of bodybuilding and nutritional supplement that are used majorly by bodybuilders, and sports athletes to supplement their diet and increase their consumption of protein without increasing their consumption of accompanying carbohydrates and fats. These supplements include higher amounts of proteins in comparison to various other protein sources, if consumed directly.
- Growing concerns and awareness regarding health amid rising levels of obesity globally; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Increasing demand from sports and athletics population which has been a result of growth in adoption of fitness activities globally
- High cost caused due to the fluctuation of raw material prices along with the availability of cheaper substitutes is expected to restrain the market growth
- Strict regulatory presence and side-effects associated with the product in certain conditions; this factor is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Protein Supplements Market
- By Type
- Whey Protein
- Soy Protein
- Casein Protein
- Milk Protein Concentrate
- Egg Protein
- Pea Protein
- By Form
- Protein Bar
- By Source
- By Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Drug Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Health & Nutritionist Stores
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, Unilever announced that they had agreed to acquire consumer healthcare and nutritional products for the Asia-Pacific regions. This acquisition will help Unilever expand their product offerings in health-food products.
- In October 2018, PepsiCo announced that they had acquired Health Warrior, Inc. This acquisition will help PepsiCo in expanding their nutritional products capacity and help meet the growing demand for consumer-specific nutritional products.
Competitive Analysis: Global Protein Supplements Market
Global protein supplements market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of protein supplements market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Protein Supplements Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the protein supplements market are Abbott; General Nutrition Centers, Inc.; Glanbia plc; Alticor Inc.; MUSCLEPHARM; Vitaco; GlaxoSmithKline plc; Unilever; POST HOLDINGS, INC.; Makers Nutrition, LLC; Herbalife International of America, Inc.; Nu Skin Enterprises; Shaklee Corporation; USANA Health Sciences, Inc.; Vitacost.com; Suppleform; Forever Living.com, L.L.C.; Garden of Life; Melaleuca Inc.; PepsiCo; New Vitality; Wander AG; AMCO Proteins; QuestNutrition; NOW Foods; Nature’s Bounty; CytoSport, Inc.; Iovate Health Sciences International Inc.; Transparent Labs and JimStoppani.com.
Research Methodology: Global Protein Supplements Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure