Global Quantum Cascade Lasers Market, By Packaging type (C-Mount, HHL & VHL Package, TO3 Package), By Operation Mode (Continuous Wave, Pulsed) By End-user Industry (Industrial, Medical, Telecommunication Military & Defense, Others), Geographical Segments (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)-Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Quantum Cascade Lasers Market
The Global Quantum Cascade Lasers Market is expected to reach USD 2.6 billion by 2025 from USD 1.27 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Quantum Cascade Lasers Market
Quantum cascade lasers are defined as a semiconductor lasers that produce in the mid- to far-infrared portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. It is a new technology for accessing the mid-infrared out to Terahertz wavelengths. It probe, detect, image, or quantify these and many other species including explosives, nerve agents, and toxins. It is a type of semiconductor laser that contain epitaxially that comprise electrons in lasing states. It provides injected electron that makes a small energy transition when it moves from one layer to the other and emitting light on each cascade. It has various features which include multi-mode, single-mode, low-loss, robust hollow-core fibers spanning the entire Mid-IR range. It has wide application in industrial, medical, telecommunication military & defense and others.
In 2016, Stratium launched chip-based mid-IR quantum cascade lasers for sensing.It helps in the detecting and analyzing of trace gases, in the parts-per-million (ppm) to parts-per-trillion (ppt) range.
In 2011 U.S. Army considers quantum cascade lasers to protect its aircraft. It uses a smaller, more nimble solid-state laser designed to better protect helicopters and other low-flying aircraft from small arms and shoulder-fired missile attacks such as those that are so prevalent in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing demand for Fabry–Perot quantum cascade lasers market.
- Growing demand in the infrared countermeasures.
- Rising demand due to gas sensing to detect hazardous gases in manufacturing units.
- Rising demand for military and defense sector monitoring.
- Distortion due to high cost of establishment.
Market Segmentation: Global Quantum Cascade Lasers Market
- The market is segmented based on packaging type, operation mode, end-user industry and geographical segments.
- Based on packaging type, the market is segmented into C-Mount, HHL & VHL Package, TO3 Package.
- Based on operating mode, the market is segmented into continuous wave and pulsed..
- Based on end-user industry, the market is segmented into industrial, medical, telecommunication military & defense and others. Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Quantum Cascade Lasers Market
The global quantum cascade lasers market is fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market in order to sustain in long run. The report includes market shares of quantum cascade lasers market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
In 2017, Alpes Lasers launches frequency comb quantum cascade lasers. It is laser source whose spectrum consists of a series of discrete, equally spaced frequency lines.
Key Players: Global Quantum Cascade Lasers Market
The renowned players in Global Quantum Cascade Lasers Market are Block Engineering, LLC., Wavelength Electronics, Inc., Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., Thorlabs, Inc., Alpes lasers SA, mirSense, AdTech Optics, Pranalytica, Akela Laser Corporation, nanoplus Nanosystems and Technologies GmbH, STMicroelectronics, IDT, AVTECH and many more.
Research Methodology: Global Quantum Cascade Lasers Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: OEMs, Industrial Professionals, Researches, Suppliers and Distributors, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among other.