Global Raman Spectroscopy Market By Type (Bench Top Type, Portable Type), Applications (Pharmaceutics, R&D in Academia, Industrial Sector, Life Sciences, Material Sciences, Carbon Materials, Semiconductors, Others), Sampling Technique (Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering, Tip-Enhanced Raman Scattering, Other Raman Scattering Techniques), Instruments (Probe-based Raman, Fourier-transform Infrared Raman, Micro-Raman, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Raman Spectroscopy Market
Global raman spectroscopy market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 8.15% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Rising demand for raman spectroscopy for homeland security and growing demand for real- time analysis of samples are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Raman Spectroscopy Market
Raman Spectroscopy is a technique which is used to measure and observe the wavelength and intensity of the scattered light in the molecules. Portable and bench top are two type of the common raman spectroscopy. Surface- enhanced raman scattering, tip enhanced raman scattering and other are some of the common raman spectroscopy techniques used. They are mainly used in the chemistry for the identification of the chemicals. Micro- raman, fourier- transform scattering, probe- based raman and others are some of the common instruments. Increasing demand for cloud- based spectroscopy is the factor fuelling the growth of this market.
- Rising demand for cloud- based spectroscopy is driving the market growth
- Increasing expenditure in life sciences R&D will also propel the market growth
- Growing preference for macromolecular spectroscopy is also driving market growth
- Increasing prevalence for real-time analysis of samples in difficult conditions is the another factor contributing as a factor for growth of this market
- High installation cost will restrain the market growth
- Lack of skilled and trained professional will also hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Raman Spectroscopy Market
- Bench Top Type
- Portable Type
- R&D in Academia
- Industrial Sector
- Life Sciences
- Material Sciences
- Carbon Materials
By Sampling Technique
- Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering
- Tip-Enhanced Raman Scattering
- Other Raman Scattering Techniques
- Probe-based Raman
- Fourier-transform Infrared Raman
- Micro-Raman, Others
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2017, Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has acquired Oxfordshire so that they can expand their spectroscopy. The main aim of the acquisition is to provide customer access to new raman spectroscopy technology so that the company can provide better solutions to their customers. This will help the company to expand them and strengthen their position in the market.
- In April 2016, MarqMetrix announced the launch of their new fiber-optic Raman spectroscopy contact probe TouchRaman which is made using ball lens technology. This is the only contact probe which uses spherical sapphire ball lens interface. The main aim of the launch is to make the Raman simple to use so that it can easily accessible in various industries. This new Fiber Ballprobe can be used with different laser and spectrometers.
Global raman spectroscopy market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of raman spectroscopy market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global raman spectroscopy market are Agilent Technologies, Inc., Ocean Optics, Inc., Anton Paar GmbH, B&W Tek., Bruker, Digilab Inc., Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., HORIBA, Ltd., JASCO., Sinsilapps., JEOL Ltd., Malvern Panalytical Ltd is a Spectris company, Kaiser Optical Systems Inc., Metrohm India Limited, Montana Instruments Corporation, Coherent, Inc., PerkinElmer Inc, Teledyne Princeton Instruments, Renishaw plc., Semrock Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, SmitHS Detection Group Ltd., Snowy Range Instruments, Wasatch Photonics and others.
Research Methodology: Global Raman Spectroscopy Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved