Global Retail Automation Market By Component (Hardware, Software), Type (Point of Sales, Barcode & RFID, Electronic Shelf Labels, Cameras, Autonomous Guided Vehicle, Automatic Storage and Retrieval System, Automated Conveyor, Warehouse Robotics, Others), Implementation (On-Store Premise, On-Warehouse), End User (Hypermarkets, Supermarkets, Single Item Stores, Petrol Pumps/Fuel Stations, Hospitality, Retail Pharmacies), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Retail Automation Market
Global retail automation market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 11.97% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in the market value can be attributed due to the growth in the need for business automation and insights, increase in the demand for centralized controlling and monitoring platform. It has cost advantage and ensures a productive environment and helps the business to increase the margins which is driving the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Retail Automation Market
Retail automation operates as a fully automatic retail stores with the integrations of software. It has changed the traditional retail stores as it is more efficient since it consumes less time in purchasing. The rise in purchasing power globally is increasing the demand for automation in retail stores. Consumers can browse the products using a touchscreen interface and can select the product of their choice to proceed to pay for it using debit or credit card and then the products are automatically dispensed through a system either by a robotic arm or gravity fed drop system.
- The growth in the retail industry, is driving the growth of the market
- The surge in the demand for quality and fast service, is propelling the growth of the market
- The rise in demand for automation products in retail, is boosting the growth of the market
- The benefits associated with business optimization for retailers in terms of cost, is driving the growth of the market
- The lack of skilled personnel, is restricting the growth of the market
- The dependency on the internet and electricity, is hindering the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Retail Automation Market
- Barcode Scanner
- Vending Machines
- e-POS Systems
- Self-Scan Checkout systems
- Supply Chain and Inventory management software
- Workforce management software
- Retails Apps and online store applications
- Point of Sales
- Interactive Kiosk
- Self-Checkout System
- Barcode and RFID
- Electronic Shelf Labels
- Autonomous Guided Vehicle
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval System
- Automated Conveyor
- Warehouse Robotics
- On-Store Premise
By End User
- Single Item Stores
- Consumer Electronics
- Quick-Service Restaurants
- Petrol Pumps/Fuel Stations
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2018, Toshibha Global Commerce Solutions showcased their latest technology for the retail industry that enhances customer experiences which will ultimately drive the profit margins of the company.
- In January 2018, Datalogic S.p.A. has extensively displayed their new products and solutions for the retail industry which will increase the product life, improve charging reliability, eliminations of charging adapters and many others which will maximize the efficiency and productivity of the retail vendors.
Global retail automation market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of customer of retail automation market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global retail automation market are Datalogic S.p.A., First Data Corporation, FUJITSU, Honeywell International Inc., NCR Corporation, Zebra Technologies Corp., Pricer AB, Posiflex Technology, Inc., Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated, Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Probiz Technologies Prvt Ltd., E&K Automation GmbH, KUKA AG, Olea Kiosks Inc., inMarket, POS Company, AGS Transact Technologies Ltd., Fametech Inc., SeePoint, LLC, Simbe Robotics, Inc., Arkrobot.com, GreyOrange pte ltd. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Retail Automation Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved