Global Safety Sensors Market By Type (Safety Light Curtain, Safety Laser Scanner, Safety Mat, Safety Edge, Others), Product Type (Accelerometers, Biosensors, Image Sensors, Motion Detectors), End-Use Industry (Food & Beverage, Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Construction & Mining, Oil & Gas, Defense, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Safety Sensors Market
Global Safety Sensors Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 507.98 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 662.73 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 3.38% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing industrialization and adoption of “Industry 4.0”.
Market Definition: Global Safety Sensors Market
Safety sensors can be defined as monitoring devices that find their usage majorly in manufacturing and industries where the equipments being worked with are of high cost and complicated nature, requiring a level of assurance in safety for the user of the equipment and the equipment itself. These safety sensors are automated and therefore require no user interference for their operations.
- Presence of strict regulations posed by the authorities and governments regarding the safety of workers in industrial workspaces and environments; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Concerns and protection of organizational interests regarding the protection of human lives and high-cost equipment are factors expected to positively drive the market growth
- Installation, implementation and maintenance of these systems are very costly and associated with a number of complications; this factor is expected to act as a restrain to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Safety Sensors Market
- By Type
- Safety Light Curtain
- Safety Laser Scanner
- Safety Mat
- Safety Edge
- Hand Detection Safety Sensor
- Single-Beam Safety Sensor
- By Product Type
- Hall Effect Sensors
- Heat Transfers
- Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) Sensors
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) Sensors
- Image Sensors
- Complementary Metal Oxide Sensor (CMOS)
- Charge Coupled Device (CCD) Sensors
- Motion Detectors
- By End-Use Industry
- Food & Beverage
- Construction & Mining
- Oil & Gas
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2019, nanotron Technologies GmbH and Selectronic Australia Pty Ltd announced the launch of their first jointly produced for use in open-pit mine safety. The “PDS2400 Collision Avoidance Solution (CAS)”. The product uses RF-based technology to detect and avoid close proximity fast moving objects.
- In April 2018, SICK AG announced the launch of “3D TIC502 LiDAR” sensor for use in safety and management of traffic in fast-lane roads. These products are designed for highway toll collections, management of traffic, and detection of traffic jams.
- In July 2017, Littelfuse, Inc. announced that they had acquired U.S. Sensor Corp. This acquisition will help Littelfuse in expanding its product portfolio and industries serviced.
Competitive Analysis: Global Safety Sensors Market
Global safety sensors market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of safety sensors market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Safety Sensors Market
Major competitors currently working in the market are ABB; Rockwell Automation, Inc.; BEI Sensors,; Pinnacle Systems Inc.; Pilz GmbH & Co. KG; Autonics Corporation; nanotron Technologies GmbH; Siemens; Balluff GmbH; ATEK Access Technologies; Pepperl+Fuchs; Schneider Electric; Hans Turck GmbH & Co. KG; Koninklijke Philips N.V.; AMETEK.Inc.; OMRON Corporation; Panasonic Electric Works Europe AG; Littelfuse, Inc.; ifm electronic gmbh; Baumer; K.A. Schmersal GmbH & Co. KG; Shanghai Pubang Sensor Co., Ltd.; KEYENCE CORPORATION; SICK AG; Contrinex AG and Leuze electronic GmbH + Co. KG.
Research Methodology: Global Safety Sensors Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved