Global Semiconductor Memory Market By Type (RAM, ROM), Application (Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, Medical, Telecommunication, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Semiconductor Memory Market
Global semiconductor memory market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 29.25% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing data centers and rising demand for mega facilities for storage are the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Semiconductor Memory Market
Semiconductor memory is a semiconductor device which is often used to store data and other information in all computer applications. These days, they are widely used in mobiles, camera, laptop and others. RAM, ROM, DRUM, SRAM, EEPROM and others are some of the common type of the semiconductor memory devices. They are widely used in application such as consumer electronics, medical, telecommunication, industrial and others. Increasing demand for IoT technologies in different industries is fuelling the market growth.
- Increasing adoption of IoT technologies in different industries is driving the growth of this market
- Growing demand of semiconductor memory from electronic industry will also propel the market growth
- Increasing prevalence for high capacity and low power memory is another factor driving the market growth
- Rising consumption of smartphones, laptop and other electronic device will also drives the growth of this market
- High R&D investment will restrain the market growth
- High labor and employment cost will also hamper the growth of the market
- Increasing cost related to the fabrication plant will also hinder the market growth
Segmentation: Global Semiconductor Memory Market
- Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM)
- Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (SDRAM)
- Static Random Access Memory (SRAM)
- Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (EEPROM)
- Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (EPROM)
- Flash Memory
- Programmable Read-Only Memory (PROM)
- Aerospace and Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial, Medical
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2017, Macronix International Co., Ltd. announced the launch of their NAND flash memory product AEC-Q100 Grade 2/3. This new product has 36nm semiconductor manufacturing technology and is available in 1Gb to 8Gb densities. To meet the different functional and specification need, they have 4-bit ECC and ECC-free solutions. The main aim of the launch is to meet the automotive industry demand for high reliable memory product.
- In October 2016, Fujitsu Semiconductor announced the launch of their largest density mass- produced ReRAM product 4 Mbit ReRAM MB85AS4MT which is designed along with Panasonic Semiconductor Solutions Co., Ltd. It has the ability to work in different power supply voltage of 1.65V to 3.6V. They are very suitable for medical and wearable a device which requires high density. The main aim of the launch is to meet the need of customer and provide them better solutions.
Global semiconductor memory market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of semiconductor memory market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global semiconductor memory market are NXP Semiconductors, Intel Corporation, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, SK HYNIX INC., Microchip Technology Inc., Micron Technology, Inc., SAMSUNG, Renesas Electronics Corporation., ATP Electronics,Inc., TOSHIBA ELECTRONIC DEVICES & STORAGE CORPORATION, Western Digital Corporation, Crocus Technology, Everspin Technologies Inc., Alliance Memory, ROHM SEMICONDUCTOR., Kingston Technology Europe Co LLP, ELITE SEMICONDUCTOR MEMORY TECHNOLOGYINC, Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, NVE Corporation, and others.
Research Methodology: Global Semiconductor Memory Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved