Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market By Product (Instruments, Blood Culture Media, Assay Kits & Reagents, Software), Technology (Microbiology, Molecular Diagnostics, Immunoassays, Flow Cytometry, Biomarkers, Microfluidics), Method (Conventional Diagnostics, Automated Diagnostics), Usability (Laboratory Testing, Point-Of-Care Testing), Pathogen (Bacterial Sepsis, Fungal Sepsis), End User (Hospital, Pathology & Reference Laboratories), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market
Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 439.60 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 875.92 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 9.0% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the Increase in prevalence of sepsis.
Market Definition: Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market
Sepsis is fatal conditions arise due to the weak immune system to its own tissues and organs. It occurs due to chronic illness, liver or kidney diseases, cancer or severe wounds. Sepsis is one of the common causes of death in hospitalized patients. Increasing prevalence in hospital-acquired infections which must be diagnosed boosts the growth of market.
In the U.S. alone, around 1,000,000 death cases account to sepsis caused to the hospitalized patients. Moreover, development of biomarkers used in the clinical assays possessing specificity has driven the business growth significantly. This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth.
- Rise in cases of hospital-acquired infections, this act as a driver to the market.
- Neonatal and geriatric population is more affective to sepsis, this act as a driver to the market.
- Absence of standard protocol this significant act as restraints to the market.
- Lack of skilled physicians, this significant act as restraints to the market.
Segmentation: Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market
- Blood Culture Media
- Assay Kits & Reagents
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Peptide Nucleic Acid-Fluorescent in Situ Hybridization
- Syndromic Panel-Based Testing
- Flow Cytometry
- Conventional Diagnostics,
- Automated Diagnostics
- Laboratory Testing
- Point-Of-Care Testing
- Bacterial Sepsis
- Gram-Negative Bacterial Sepsis
- Gram-Positive Bacterial Sepsis
- Fungal Sepsis
By End User
- Pathology & Reference Laboratories
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2018, Curetis NV announced that their collabo rated partner acumen research laboratories pte. Ltd received approval for Unyvero BCU Cartridge for bloodstream infection in Singapore.
- In 2016, BioFire Diagnostics, LLC, the molecular biology counterpart of bioMérieux received U.S. FDA clearance for FilmArray Torch for use with the FilmArray Blood Culture Identification (BCID) Panel.
Competitive Analysis: Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market
Global sepsis diagnostics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of sepsis diagnostics market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the sepsis diagnostics market are bioMérieux SA (France), BD, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), Abbott (US), Danaher (US), Luminex Corporation (US), Bruker (US), AXIS SHIELD (UK), Sandstone Diagnostics, Inc., Inflammatix, Inc., Questex LLC, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), Spectral Medical Inc., DNA Electronics, T2 Biosystems, Inc., F6S Network Limited., EKF, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd(Switzerland), CytoSorbents (US), Mitsubishi Chemical Europe, and among others.
Research Methodology: Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global sepsis diagnostics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)