Global Shigellosis Gastroenteritis Treatment Market By Type (Dysenteriae, Flexneri, Boydii, Sonnei), Therapy Type (Antibiotic Therapy, Dehydration Therapy), Drugs (Ciprofloxacin , Azithromycin and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Parenteral), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Childcare Centers and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Shigellosis Gastroenteritis Treatment Market
Global shigellosis gastroenteritis treatment market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Strategic alliances between the companies and high unmet need of disease are fueling the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Shigellosis Gastroenteritis Treatment Market
Shigella gastroenteritis is also known as bacillary dysentery a bowel infections disease caused by a group of bacteria known as Shigella. Most people who are affected with shigella develop diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps. Shigella bacteria can passes from infected person to the healthy.
According to the statistics published in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated annual prevalence population of Shigella infections are over 80–165 million worldwide. Growing cases of Shigella infections worldwide and increased access to novel treatment options for these conditions are factors that drive the market growth.
- Increase prevalence of Shigella infections worldwide is enhancing the market growth
- Poor hygiene and sanitation as these can increase the risk of Shigella infections is propelling the growth of the market
- Huge financial support to the researchers for developing novel intervention is boosting the market growth
- High demand of disease specific novel treatment can also act as a market driver
- Lack of novel disease specific treatment is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Low healthcare budget in some developing countries is hamper the market growth
- Stringent and hefty regulation is also acting as restrains for the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Shigellosis Gastroenteritis Treatment Market
By Strain Type
By Therapy Type
- Antibiotic Therapy
- Dehydration Therapy
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
- Childcare Centers
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 201p, GlaxoSmithKline plc is developing GSK3902986A (formally known as GSK3536852A), a conjugated vaccine for the prophylaxis treatment of Shigella diarrhea. This drug is currently in phase II clinical trial. If trial successful, it will represents major advances in the treatment of these underserved patient populations through a targeted mode of action.
- In June 2016, Pfizer Inc acquired Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc for approximately USD 5.20 billion. The acquisition of Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc provides strong position in the large and growing infection market and expands company’s portfolio in a therapeutic area of high unmet medical need.
Global shigellosis gastroenteritis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global shigellosis gastroenteritis treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global shigellosis gastroenteritis treatment market are Emergent BioSolutions Inc, Pfizer Inc, LimmaTech Biologics AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Zydus Cadila, Bionpharma, Aurobindo Pharma, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Fresenius Kabi AG, Novartis AG, WOCKHARDT, Mylan N.V., LUPIN, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Novel Laboratories Inc., Hainan Poly Co. Ltd, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC and others.
Research Methodology: Global Shigellosis Gastroenteritis Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global shigellosis gastroenteritis treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players